Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a site...  (Read 733 times)

1sauber1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a site...
« on: April 07, 2009, 11:30:32 pm »

So, I'm looking for a site to build some awesome shiznit, I need a cliff with a waterfall that freezes over in the winter, I want to build a fort where every bedroom is a ledge on a cliff to the sides of a waterfall.

Westonian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a site...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:22:19 am »

Hmm.  Look for high cliffs and a river.  Should be able to find the cliffs in the embarkation screen, might find a decent spot in some mountains.  Might take a bit of hunting.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 02:55:47 am »

Or gen a cold world, use the autofind to search out a river beside a chasm, if you want to take that route.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 12:15:37 pm »

For a water fall, all you really need is a river and a bottomless pit and enough z-levels and you can make your own.  The "Dwarf Heaven" thread has a site that would work (did for my 7 z-level waterfall - through the middle of my main dining hall and then through a bunch of bedrooms.

You can also make a water fall using just a perment water source (river/brook/auqafir), a mountain (for the z-levels), some screw pumps, and a power source.  Pump the water up and let it fall down through the mountain to water source's z-level and pipe it back to the water source.

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 12:53:44 pm »

(I had a really good cliff site once, a maybe 15-z sheer cliff face, loads of silver and some iron ore, and a river right at the top of the cliff. I've only found rivers at the bottom of good cliffs since then)