Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evil magma glacier  (Read 1144 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Evil magma glacier
« on: April 08, 2009, 04:53:29 am »

I don't have an awesome map to show you. That's the problem. I have a desire to start a evil magma glacier fortress but I have trouble getting any magma pipes on a glacier. Does anyone have any maps like this?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil magma glacier
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:00:28 am »

I have a glitched one. People's heads slowly become more and more hurt until they all die.. Its very sad.  ;D I think their heads explode, in the end, really.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:03:19 am »

I have a glitched one. People's heads slowly become more and more hurt until they all die.. Its very sad.  ;D I think their heads explode, in the end, really.

How is that anything but hilarious?

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:47:41 pm »

This sounds like the most epic map EVER - screw "dwarf heaven" I want this map!
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 02:01:42 pm »

I have a fort like that too.  It's in the world I uploaded to go with the LEGO mod.  Only it's glacial/mountain.  Close enough, though.  Of course, it needs the LEGO mod, so that doesn't do you much good if you don't want that mod.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 02:09:39 pm »

If you use the molten rocks mod you can just cranck up volcanism and temperature variance up to 11 and look arnoud a bit. YouŽd better turn MAGMA_PIPE:??? (Or something) in init to ALWAYS instead of FINDER. you'll hit a site in no time.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 02:54:06 pm »

Or set the minimum vulcanism to 100. VOLCANOES IN EVERY SQUARE HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:31:19 pm »

Thats because its so cold that they start suffering damage.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 06:36:01 pm »

Yeah, they're dying of exposure. Embark from a civ that lives closer to glacial areas, as they'll in general have more layering, so your dwarves' heads won't freeze on their shoulders.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 07:05:15 pm »

They've actually been not too hard to find for me... you can always increase glacier region count in the world setting, too.

Of course last time I tried one, my dwarves got slaughtered by skeletal polar bears before they could dig themselves in. Well one miner made it, and dug into a hole, but he went insane in his sleep that night.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 09:12:47 pm »

I made a fort in a glacier with magma pipe once. Dwarfs died of thirst before they could do anything useful.
movie

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 11:26:51 pm »

Magma pipes on glaciers are supposedly pretty common? at least, that's what they said over in the dorf mode discussion.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 05:41:59 pm »

I woulden't say they are pretty common, but they are not super rare either.

A default sized world probably won't have one, but the max sized one probably will somewhere.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 07:08:51 pm »

I found mine on a medium map.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.