Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions About Adventure Mode  (Read 1881 times)

Chaosshield

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Questions About Adventure Mode
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:36:32 pm »

Okay, so I have this fortress right. It's got some artifact Addy Gear (plate, Battle Axe, Leggings, Hood, Crossbow, Helm, and Sock[Oh Joy!], along with a silk vest, a diamond table, and some like statue or something) If I was to say, create a dungeon of sorts, (I have Giant Cave Spiders[3] locked up in a room, triggered by a lever, and I am thinking about making another door open to reveal my epic gear) (Perhaps get some goblins in the next siege too) would It still be like that in game? Like the spiders will still be there, and my artifacts in the same spot I left them? Or will they be in different locations? I think It would be awesome to do some epic battle for that gear, after this fortress somehow dies out. So I ask, would rigging an epic battle like this be possible?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions About Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:39:28 pm »

It's entirely possible as long as the door is securely locked. Otherwise your shit goes everywhere. Also, living creatures need cages lest they die.

Chaosshield

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:44:49 pm »

Hmm, So theres no way to rig a Cave spider deployment system?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 01:06:04 am »

Certainly it is. Just have the cage open when you pull a lever as well as the door and your set

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 02:48:28 pm »

Yeah, just make sure they're not tame, tame animals for whatever reason die when a fortress ends and about artifacts, expect them to go flying.

But there is alot of agrement that if you place items in heavy containers; say lead, silver or any other heavy material that it greatly decreases the range of where the item may be when it comes time to the forts end.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 12:06:48 pm »

As a general rule, if a container is heavy enough to not move, it just stays there with the artifact in in forever.  Case in point was the last fort that I managed to get artifacts in.  I went back with adventurers about a dozen times.  During that time, all the wooden bins rotted away, except the ones with artifacts inside.  Those stuck around as Xwooden binX.

That was with steel artifacts.  For your adamantine, you should probably go with lead bins.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:14:23 pm »

For adamantine, I'd also included iron items in the bin for additional weight.  That seemed to work just fine.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 08:17:17 pm »

Building your vault within a chasm should cause some chasm baddies to spawn when you go there in adventure mode.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember