Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Indoor refuse pile?  (Read 3160 times)

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Indoor refuse pile?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 06:48:17 pm »

Any skulls, shells, or bones are dragged off to underground stockpiles.

This. I always define a refuse stockpile indoors (usually right next to some crafts workshops) that only accepts bones, shells, and/or skulls. I set the outdoor piles /not/ to accept bones, shells, or skulls. This things don't rot or generate miasma so they don't need to be outdoors, and they should be stored forever if kept indoors.

Taking advantage of miasma not moving diagonally just seems a bit cheap, usually if I want indoor rot-piles I'll just set them up to vent outdoors. Sometimes I'll even build huge chimneys so the stench is less able to waft back into inhabited areas.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Indoor refuse pile?
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 06:51:28 pm »

I can confirm that it is the subterranean tag that makes it generate miasma;  I use this to my advantage frequently.  I have a fort with a constructed roof over the entirety of the entrance (which was constructed outside, sticking out of a cliff).  The refuse stockpile is under this roof.  Never has it generated miasma.

As for the question about bones inside but above ground, I *think* that they are safe.  Give me some time and I can check.  I mostly do what Stromko just said.  If they are subterranean though, they will stay forever.

Also, the only stockpile that prevents rotting is the food stockpile.  Refuse will still rot in its respective stockpile.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 [2]