Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d9 melancholy merchant  (Read 636 times)

ad3idian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
40d9 melancholy merchant
« on: April 05, 2009, 05:00:44 pm »

I struck hfs, and now all my dwarves have died except the mayor, who is lying unconscious in a part of my fortress without any spirits of fire. Dwarven merchants arrived, consisting of a swordsdwarf, a liaison, a mule, and a merchant. Their liaison has been having a meeting with my unconscious mayor for most of the season. The merchants didn't come to my depot, saying I didn't have one (I do, and it is reachable. The liaison walked over it to get to my mayor). The depot access menu lists the entire map as inaccessible. The game announced that they had left for their journey, and then the merchant was stricken by melancholy, and the mule went berserk. Then the swordsdwarf left the map, while the merchant and the mule fought, resulting in the mule's death. Now the merchant is standing there, with a flashing blue exclamation mark.

EDIT: Oh, and my mayor is neither hungry nor thirsty, despite everyone else who was in a similar situation having died of thirst or hunger.

EDIT: The rocks used to build the depot are set as forbidden, that may have something to do with the merchants not finding the depot.

EDIT: It did, claiming the rocks made the area around the depot accessible according to the depot access menu. So that part is solved, but it is now mid-winter, mayor is still neither hungry nor thirsty.

EDIT: The merchant is now dead. No idea what happened to him. No creatures around, so I guess suicide? Or starvation?

EDIT: I just got the king, dressed as a peasant.  :D

EDIT: To summarize, here are the bugs: the merchant shouldn't be stricken by melancholy, the mayor shouldn't be meeting with the liaison, the mayor should be hungry or thirsty, and the mule shouldn't be enraged.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:41:55 pm by ad3idian »