Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attacks, damblock and size questions  (Read 779 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Attacks, damblock and size questions
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:27:24 pm »

I'm wondering about the finer details of creature 'stats' so I can calculate the power of creatures in my mod more methodically.

1. A 1:6 attack  is the same as 10-60 in the weapons files, right?

2. Does [SIZE:20][DAMBLOCK:10] = [SIZE:10][DAMBLOCK:20]?

3: How does size directly affect attack power? If a creature is [SIZE:9], does that 9 get added to the maximum damage in a 1:6 attack or is it added as a direct damage bonus after the 1:6 attack is calculated?

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Attacks, damblock and size questions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:50:40 pm »

2. Nope, size affects strength and some other combat stuff, damblock is just damage resistance.
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 06:50:19 pm »

1. I have no idea. Good luck finding someone who does.

2. In terms of defense, possibly. Size essentially determines attacking power and damage resistance, whilst Damblock just affects damage resistance. It's been speculated that 1 unit of Damblock is equal to 1 unit of Size, but as with the first one, I have no idea if this is true or not.

3. I have no idea. Good luck finding someone who does.

Yeah, much of the mechanics of the combat system is still a mystery.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 10:33:06 pm »

I suppose I could try and test some of these in adventure mode if there is no sure answer. Mod dwarves and something else to have very extreme stats but opposite of each other. One having extremely high size but low damblock and attack power, the other having very low size with extreme damblock and attack power. If my assumptions are correct they should be on even keel when fighting.