Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Complex life cycles  (Read 957 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Complex life cycles
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:31:30 am »

Mainly for plants but also for animals, a few examples of what I think should be moddable:

A tree which grows upwards for 2 years until it is 4 z-levels high then rows outward like a platform.

An animal which only reaches adulthood when it has killed 100 things, and the baby form of the animal hatches from an egg injected into the stomach of the host then when it hatches it goe through the stomach layer and munches on vital organs until the host dies at which point it bursts out in a shower of acid.

An underground plant which has multiple castes, the first one grows upward until it hit rock then destroys the rock tile and releases gold dust from its stem, the second caste absorbs the gold dust and turns it into a few wafers of adamantine which it stores inside a venus fly trap like pod which must be chopped off to be harvested other wise the dwarf's hand will be eaten off by the plant.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Complex life cycles
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:05:19 pm »

We seriously need harvester plants, I'll say yes!

'Too lazy to prospect, trying to cut down on gulag-related lag?
Purchase the awesome harvester plant, just plant nearby a vein of materials, and it'll take one month for the roots to move one space, and when it hits a vein, you'll need to harvest the nugget filled bulbs, and yes, this does effect crystals!'
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:38:48 pm by Foa »