Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tower-caps not appearing?  (Read 515 times)

Gloooo Flumo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tower-caps not appearing?
« on: March 28, 2009, 05:01:35 am »

OK, so Ive located the underground river, but no message came up. same when I located the magma pipe. Then I dug out a 100x40 unit chamber with a 9x1 chamber next to it. (This is one level below ground level right next to my above ground river). Then I filled up the smaller chamber, and let that flood into the big chamber. It almost filled the big chamber with 1/7 water but it started evaporation too soon. So I let it all evaporate and now there's mud everywhere (which was the overall goal) but no tower caps are growing. Very disappointing because of all the work and time it took...  :(
*NOTE* I used reveal.exe and it changed seasons so it saved without my wanting too so I have been playing in a revealed map. <--Would that have something to do with the lack of notices and tower-caps?
Also I'm on version 40d with mayday tile set not that should have anything to do with anything.

ALSO I don't know if this has already been addressed or its not a bug but I put my mayor into battle and he broke his right arm, has been lying in bed unconscious for a while and currently has a dwarf diplomat hovering about him. This diplomat has been there for about 2 years! I thought they left around the time the caravan leaves but not this guy. He's not injured or hungry or anything either. But my mayor is slowly getting better so.....does that mean I will get TWO diplomats in my fort when the next lot of dwarven caravans come?(because he probably wont be healed by then)

*edit* I'm not doing very good with the remembering thing here but anyways...I also found the glowing pit but again not message and also, no demons. I opened the pit and wanted demons to wreak havoc in my fort (was gonna start again due to reveal incident) but nothing came out for 5 years. So I built a floor over it and continued playing...

Is this ALL due to the reveal.exe program?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 05:13:11 am by Gloooo Flumo »
Miner cancels drink. Interrupted by carp. <--Yes your fort is screwed.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower-caps not appearing?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 05:05:52 am »

Using reveal.exe can screw up the game noticing when you discover features, yeah. That's what I've heard, anyway.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Dkarrde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 05:29:01 am »

Yes.  Any on-discovery events, such as HIDDEN FUN STUFF or tower-cap growth from underground rivers, are prevented by use of revealing tools.

Gloooo Flumo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 05:39:45 am »

Would there be any way for me to edit the data and trigger these events? (mainly the tower-caps)

FrickenMoron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 06:23:57 am »

No. the only way to change this is to reload an older save where you didnt use reveal.

Gloooo Flumo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 06:34:54 am »

Ok thanks.

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 11:26:16 am »

use revealvein in the future- it doesnt reveal everything, but it does reveal all the veins of ore close to already discovered features (so it helps to run it several times throughout the game).

It doesnt change the discovery stuff, so you still get towercaps and magma buildings, even if you found that stuff using revealvein.
-Toast-_

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 11:33:39 am »

Also on the embark screen of the latest version, you can search for different features, such as magma pipes, underground rivers etc. Takes a while on large worlds though.
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress