Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Faeries (human sized), NOT "Fairies" (vermin)  (Read 4551 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Faeries (human sized), NOT "Fairies" (vermin)
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 10:34:34 am »

Zangi you certainly put a lot of creatures as Megebeasts.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 01:24:04 pm »

I don't think much has really been decided yet. It's pretty hard to define what is, and what isn't, in the absolute terms of a computer game. Especially with such a difficult and nearly arbitrary subject matter.

I think the Bradan Feasa makes a great benevolent megabeast, so that was a good call. Kind of in opposition to the carp.

A lot of the problem is that many Fae creatures might or might not have been unique, and often were on Megabeast scale. Even the least significant--appearance-wise--might be hideously powerful. They could be, and often were, on a level with gods. 

It's just hard to judge, until the process of defining them, *for use in DF*, is complete.
For they would be your masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 01:55:14 pm »

At this point in time, I'm coining em as 'immortals' unless stated otherwise, thats why I left the maxage out.

Alright, a good start then, I'll work on a few more later and fix up the Wmach.

And I believe em dwarves will try to eat/bring the Bradan Feasa home as a trophy...  more protection might be in order, but its already bigger and stronger then vanilla megabeasts.  (My own megabeasts are much stronger...)

And yea, its still all beta, they can be made into Super Civilizations, strong creatures, but very low population.

Also to note, Giants in vanilla are Size 16 semimegabeasts, Wmach are size 12...  Elephants are size 16(no wonder why they maul just about everything, cluster of 3-7 and they are scarier then 1 lone vanilla megabeast) and Hippos are size 12...  so if you think the Wmach could be bigger or smaller...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 02:11:30 pm »

I think size 12 is good, for Wmach. Bigger than humans, certainly, but not supersized. Stout would be good, though, too, now that I think about it.
For they would be your masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 05:04:15 pm »

The hardest aspect of determining whether something is a Megabeast or Semimegabeast is that Toady so far has only included size 20 creatures for Megabeasts.

Semimegabeasts also can have large sizes but have a lot of varience. However some creatures who are more difficult to deal with such as Ironmen are not Semimegabeasts

Then there are creatures who are obviously powerful but don't have that classification. They are known as "Powers". So far only Demons are powers.

If a Fairy is likely to allign him/her/itself to a civilisation then classifying it as a power should suffice even though Toady has yet to program in good "Power" code yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]