Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The "d" Menu, Is it in its right place?  (Read 764 times)

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The "d" Menu, Is it in its right place?
« on: February 15, 2008, 01:45:00 pm »

(The d menu is the menu where you select mine, channel ect...)

Okay so i'm suggesting that the d menu is not in its right place.

I was thinking, i have 2 or 3 area's i'm mining from right now. They are pretty far apart from one another.

My workers will get done one job in one area, then move across the map to get to another job.

Now i know you will say "Do one mining area at a time so that they don't walk back and forth"

Well yeah ok that works too, but when i have 10 miners, and i only need 3 in one area then that kinda sucks that i have to have 7 miners sitting around waiting for this job to get done so they don't walk back and forth.

Okay on to the real point of this topic.

Rather then Selecting Area's to mine or channel, and the game figuring out who should go do the job.

Maybe have it so the (d) menu is accessed from (v) (p). When a area is selected for mining, it gets automatically set as a job for the person you had selected.

The player "d" menu would have Reclaim Items, Forbid items and set traffic area's removed.

The Normal "d" menu would remain untouched, and would still function the same. You select a area to mine, the game figure out who gets to go mine.

So what i'm suggesting mainly is a way to tell what miner to do what job, by having a second "d" menu in the (v) (p).

This will allow jobs to get done faster. As well as reduce CPU usage alot, as people do not have to pathfind back and forth from area's  :)

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes