Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: making a civ worship a dragon  (Read 1266 times)

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
making a civ worship a dragon
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:54:03 pm »

is there any way that we can mod a civ to force a civ to have a megabeast ruler?    i want to have a fortress that when the king comes, its a dragon that rules over the whole fortress.

FoboslC

Re: making a civ worship a dragon
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:53:18 pm »

Well, there is a way. Naturally, such shit happens. I doubt you'll get it tho, I only seen it once, and that was a goblin tower. So I say the possibility is so low thtat it practically never happens.
Another way 0 cheaty. YOu go into adventure mode, go to your home civ, find your king, and use dfcompanion to turn him into a gragon.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:08:26 am »

or there is an even easier way:

Just give the creature the [POWER] tag in the relevant RAW. If you add the same spheres to the creature and the entity, and make the entity's religion ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER you should end up with it ruling. If this fails, just remove the [POWER] tag from demons and all power-worshipping civs will be forced to use the sole power that remains.

I think this causes issues however. I've been trying it with my dark dorf civ, and it refuses to give me liasons, possibly due to this tag. Also, i'm pretty sure when the king turns up he will have broken AI.

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:57:33 am »

Also, i'm pretty sure when the king turns up he will have broken AI.

I can see it now.  "Oh yeay!  The king is arriving, what an honor." "Oh gods, he just ate McMason, and he set McBrewer on fire... oh gods, hes making a run for the alcohol!  NOooo!  Gods, why did the king go crazy?"
and have no idea ... if building buildings out of water is a bad idea.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 11:59:05 pm »

Also, i'm pretty sure when the king turns up he will have broken AI.

I can see it now.  "Oh yeay!  The king is arriving, what an honor." "Oh gods, he just ate McMason, and he set McBrewer on fire... oh gods, hes making a run for the alcohol!  NOooo!  Gods, why did the king go crazy?"

haha if only. More like 'Yay! the king has arrived!....... why is he just standing there catatonic where he appeared??? -.-'

And I can confirm: having a power as a king means you get no liasons. Don't ask me why, but I just tested it and that certainly seems to be the case.

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:16:27 pm »

liaisons arent a problem for me, i kill everyone who comes to 'trade' anyway

i will attempt to get a civ going that worships dragons and is at war with everyone.  :P

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 08:55:50 am »

just posting for funny. i created the hobbit mod and one of my test maps, the hobbits worshiped a white dragon that kept raining hell opon them until one killed it(surprised). don't ask for the map i deleted it but hope to recreate a scenario like it.