Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Your most absurdly over-the-top yet "realistic"  (Read 4987 times)

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
Re: Your most absurdly over-the-top yet "realistic"
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2008, 06:33:00 am »

So haw far can we push these topics? Nuclear energy could potentially be the biggest bloat imaginable, since it offers unending levels of complexity and side-effects. Space flight too could be horrendously complicated, but I think not to the same extent and nuclear physics. Cultural offerings has the most interesting social implications because it could mean the birth of intra-settlement schisms and would wildly appreciate the value and complexity of social skills!

Hmm, monsters and mythology! During world creation genetic algorithms generate monsters that become part of mythology and affect later gameplay! In itself it is not really an over-the-top suggestion, but if we bake in dynamic creation of myths, individual and racial psychological reactions to encountering these beasts, that they not only need to be evil or murderous, and tie it altogether with a religious system, then it might be an unfathomably massive bloat!

You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most absurdly over-the-top yet "realistic"
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

I don't know about nuclear power, but batteries (copper, zinc, some kind of acid) and electroplating would be fun. Rip off traders with gold plated lead!
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]