Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Shockwave/Flash Player Question  (Read 973 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Another Shockwave/Flash Player Question
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:00:09 pm »

For some reason, I seem to be utterly incapable of retaining any saved data, when saving from a game being run by Shockwave or Flashplayer. This is rather annoying, since there are some games that I would like to be able to play on my laptop, over a period of time, yet though it appears to save the file (where, of course, is another matter entirely), and I can load a saved file, a soon as the computer is reset (actually rebooted, or just turned off and back on, my save files are wiped out.

I have adjusted flash player from within the program to use as much space as it needs to save, and that setting doesn't change between reboots.

Any ideas guys? I'd really like to fix this. It works on my desktop, but not the laptop. Both are running the same version of Windows XP.

*Edit* Okay, I figured out where it is saving to: C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\RandomNumbersLetters\localhost\Documents and Settings\My Name\Muy Documents\Video Games\GameName\GameName

Zombie Jesus Christ, Mary and Joseph on pogo stick that is one long fucking extension.

Too bad I still don't know why data is getting wiped every time I turn the system off. :(

At least now I could theoretically save the data elsewhere, and manually move it when I want to play.

Someone please save me from THAT pain in the ass. D8
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:13:42 pm by rickvoid »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Shockwave/Flash Player Question
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:15:57 pm »

Sounds like there's a setting on the laptop that keeps it from saving or periodically deleting the file.
I don't know about a laptop or even XP for that matter, but it should be in a folder path somewhere along the lines of AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/. Where that is on an XP, I have no idea.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:22:31 pm »

Well, as I said above, I have finally found where it saves, so I could just shuffle data around to keep it protected.

But that will be a pain in the ass, and I'd like to fix something that is obviously wrong with my system if possible.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 07:51:12 pm »

I suggest using Mozilla or something, you can tell it if you want to erase the cookies and the cache when you close the program.  Although I know nothing, so take that with a grain of salt.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:02:57 pm »

Has nothing to do with cookies or the cache. Flash savefiles are saved completely seperate from that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 08:16:39 pm »

are you sure?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 08:28:36 pm »

Yes, they are.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (