Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d11 Linux port: Screen blanks shortly after start  (Read 464 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
40d11 Linux port: Screen blanks shortly after start
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:17:51 pm »

Hello all,

I've been attempting to get Dwarf Fortress 40d11 to run natively under 32-bit Ubuntu Intrepid with little success.  I did follow the readme and at least attempt to install the necessary libraries, but wasn't quite sure which versions of some of these libraries I needed.

My current issue is that DF runs when started from the "df" script, and frequently the splash screen and intro will play as well before displaying the menu. However, as soon as the window is clicked on, it goes completely black.  The sound continues playing and if you remembered where you were on the menu, you can still scroll down and hit exit blind, so it's not freezing up.

Any ideas as to what could be causing my problem?  I'd be happy to post any system info you guys need if you can tell me where to find it.

KG

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
Re: 40d11 Linux port: Screen blanks shortly after start
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 04:08:41 pm »

You want to post that over here, where you downloaded it from.  Baughn does all the support for the SDL versions.

And lock...
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: 40d11 Linux port: Screen blanks shortly after start
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:01:36 pm »

Will do, thanks!

KG