Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Sensible elections: give older dwarves a chance  (Read 3416 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible elections: give older dwarves a chance
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 09:27:20 am »

That's what we've been talking about... ?

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 09:31:07 am »

I didn't read to closely, but I did pick that up from someone's post...
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2009, 05:41:17 pm »

Liberal Claptrap (which is what I actually said) is defined, in this case, as : Spouting Blank Slate and Noble Savage beliefs as if it were a fact of religious truth that cannot be questioned.  Anyone who does question them, through mere doubt or opposing scientific facts, is espousing prejudiced viewpoints and is worthy of personal hatred and attacks.

I thnk that's a pretty good definition of what was going on, snide comments on your part or no.

Honestly, noone here cares.  You're not going to get an internet hero award for your political/ideological arguments on an unrelated thread on an unrelated message board.  If you want to continue your hatefest with each other, please do so in PM, where only the interested parties are privy to the disgrace.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2009, 05:45:20 pm »

If you don't want to have it explained to you, don't comment on how you don't understand it.  Making snide comments about the discussion at hand and then getting high minded when you get involved in the discussion is childish.

Edit:  Just so we're clear:  'liberal agenda, whatever that means' was a statement of opinion and getting involved, and it was snide.  Stated a little more politely, or rather, less dismissively, it might have been a reasonable attempt to get the discussion back on subject.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:51:49 pm by Granite26 »

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2009, 09:06:58 pm »

this sounds like a job for... LIBERAL CRIME SQUAD!!
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Spey

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon mince.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2009, 12:53:34 pm »

I'd always pegged dwarves as being just a bit racist, all those hundreds of years of patronising elves telling them what they can and cant cut down.... honestly, they think they can come here, take our (woodcutting) jobs, spread their anti metal liberal agenda, and then get all offended when some (filthy)
greenskin blood gets on their trade goods.

they should go back to where they came from if they hate the mountainhome so much...

.....err sorry got a bit 'in character' there
How many Dwarves does it take to change a XXlightbulbXX?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]