Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Abandoning a fortress with a king  (Read 1264 times)

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Abandoning a fortress with a king
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:02:48 am »

I've never actually got the King in my fortress as I have never played one for long enough; but what would happen if I had the King then abandoned the fortress?

Would that mean that as the mountainhomes for that dwarf civ had been abandoned they would no longer have caravans etc for any future forts? And what would happen to the king if I later reclaimed the fort?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoning a fortress with a king
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 03:06:53 pm »

I don't have a clue. I understand that DF doesn't do anything about succession, though, so if the king dies for some reason, he's gone for good. I don't know what happens if he's at a fortress that abandons, though. Maybe go test it by bringing him in with an adamantite vein and then abandoning?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoning a fortress with a king
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 12:50:56 am »

I haven't actually checked but I will see if I can did up the game where I abandoned my fortress with an adamantine queen.  I do know that the queen(along with everybody else) was wandering the overworld for quite some time.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.