Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mechanic Woes  (Read 796 times)

Dagonus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mechanic Woes
« on: November 06, 2007, 05:29:00 am »

I don't know how others feel, but I'd like a better way to link levers to other objects. Rather than just scrolling through a list of say floodgates hoping you'll  eventually find the one you want (If you have a lot of floodgates this can be really annoying, though admittedly since I don't have to use floodgates as adhoc walls anymore its less of an issue than it was in the older versions). I'd really like to be able to go to the appropriate floodgate via the same method as is used on "Take From A Pile" menu. Perhaps allowing both via a Tab to change the mode in it?  Another solution to this could be the ability to name objects like floodgates as for "Main floodgate" "Emergency valve floodgate" "East Corridor Defensive Valve" etc. The former is probably more effective.

The other thing that would be great would be a method to check which object is attached to the lever. If you're short on mechanisms and you can only link 1 or 2 gates of a larger set that should be attached to 1 lever, when you eventually get back to setting the second up, you might find yourself thinking "Which did I link?" a whose linked to who show would ease this up. Simple way to accomplish it would be to go to one of the object and turn on an overlay. Have the appropriate triggers for the selected object blink green and the targets blink red when the overlay is activated.

<P>The only difference between a bug and a feature is documentation.