Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The booze! The booze! The booze is on fire!  (Read 780 times)

TCHJ3K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The booze! The booze! The booze is on fire!
« on: March 05, 2009, 01:23:13 pm »

So anyway, one of my little... darlings decided it'd be a good idea to butcher a fire imp and chuck the flaming bits of corpse into the food storage. After burning away for a few minutes, everything seems to have extinguished itself, but I've still got one rogue barrel in the middle of my food stockpile which is burning away and filling the place with smoke.

Nobody seems too bothered by it, and the barrel seems to have incinerated everything on the adjacent tiles, but is there any way to get rid of it? The clouds of smoke seem to be more of a minor annoyance than a deadly peril, I've tried dumping it, but nobody wants to go near it...

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The booze! The booze! The booze is on fire!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:59:58 pm »

Um. Doesen't booze explode?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

TCHJ3K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:21:53 pm »

You're right - on closer inspection it's actually a stack of !!!Cow Meat!!! that's causing all the smoke... Still can't seem to get rid of it, though...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 05:48:41 pm »

Um. Doesen't booze explode?

Its a documented and tested fact that booze does not explode, it boils. It doesn't throw dwarves, merely scalds them. Think steam from the 2D version.