Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Now mustering for the ogre camp Labamustro (Community)  (Read 2925 times)

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
Re: Now mustering for the ogre camp Labamustro (Community)
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 09:22:52 am »

Fourteenth Day of Felsite in the Sixth Year of the New Age

A crafter has locked himself in the clothier’s workshop that was hastily erected down by the other temporary crafting huts. While the ogre is peaceful for the moment, reports that he is after cloth for his masterwork are being met with two of the strongest warriors being posted outside the hut, “Jus’ incaze” says ‘Drunka’.

Sixteenth Day of Hematite in the Sixth Year of the New Age

Armed goblin interlopers have arrived following another human caravan; I assume they are after the traders and stumbled upon Polish Dark. Or perhaps a few goblin kidnappers escaped without retribution. In any event, the little demons are here now.

The ogre army is small but quite well trained, however the camp is a little too spread out for my liking and it seems a number of ogres are wandering about with no real purpose. I will continue to monitor the situation as it unfolds.

‘Tardicus’ noticed the party first and has been chased off his fishing grounds by the interlopers and a peasant managed to voluntarily wander right into the heart of the attack force, I would think this was a purposeful move. However, ‘Bluto’ and his colleagues are making haste to deal with the goblins before the peasant is over run.

‘Premer’ and his squad arrived first but were unable to save the foolhardy peon, the goblins however were no match for the trained ogre fighters and were quickly slaughtered.

In other news, a peasant found the inspiration to carve a wooden earring and set it with gemstones; she called it something ridiculous like Faithfulglistened. I wasn’t even aware she had even gone, as the goblin siege was occurring at the same time.

Eighteenth Day of Limestone in the Sixth Year of the New Age

The goblins returned this week with the intention (probably) of bringing ruin to Polish Dark. As before, ‘Drunka’ has mobilized the camp’s more experienced warriors and is considering sending them out aggressively to deal with the leader of the goblin incursion, a distinguished looking fellow with a hammer.

This time the goblins seem to have been better prepared as ‘Bluto’ and ‘Kat’ were slain after they were surrounded by two squads of goblins and dragged down. There were a few other casualties; though aside from the two warriors only the ogre who claimed to know how to forge iron into armour was deemed irreplaceable by ‘Drunka’.

In the aftermath of the raid, the ogre casualties stand at around six, no goblins survived to report back to their demonic patron. The Polish Dark ogres are in the process of training more warriors and ‘Drunka’ has been heard talking about building a palisade around the inner huts for defense.

Fifth Day of Moonstone in the Sixth Year of the New Age

One of the ogres responsible for building huts and such by the name of Ngog took over operation of a crafting hut earlier and is infatuated with some project he is not sharing with the other ogres.

The product of Ngog’s labours was a ring of ironstone that was decorated with spider silk. The artefact is known as Oslak Ozok, in common that would be “The Skies of Exalting’. Ngog must have been in high spirits indeed.

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 08:08:57 pm »

Having played the map, so far I am kicking myself for not locating the fort closer to the brook.  :(
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 12:06:51 am »

Indeed.

I was thinking that now that you mention it, but I wanted to keep an eye on the cave.

In hindsight perhaps roughly where the dam was should have been where all the crafting halls and stuff were with the accomodation and stuff on the hill south.

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 11:01:57 am »

Other item of note, is that i have a lot of sparring injuries, which seems to make sense considering the temperment of these guys in addition to learning slow.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 06:44:02 am »

I made sure they started on wrestling, then got themselves some metal armour, then started with copper weapons.

I was very careful with the named ogres.

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 12:20:35 am »

That was clearly the smart move, as my military, while numerous, has loads of folks with nerve damage type injuries who are practicing at the archery targets.

Also: i was very not prepared for the nobles.  somehow, since Ogres don't do that "mayor" crap, I'd thought that our gaggle of goons would be left to their own devices.  whoops.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 05:56:30 pm »

Is the camp still active?
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 11:44:06 am »

Nope

Well, I posted up the files a month or something after I stopped doing the journal on the DFFD, but that is about it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]