Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: strange problem with dwarven inteligence  (Read 860 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
strange problem with dwarven inteligence
« on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:34 am »

I have a problem from some slight modding i did. I had thought well if making creatures so they don't speak makes them hostile then making dwarves not speaking should make everything else hostile. this did not work and made it so my dwarves where marked as animals. this is not the problem. the problem is that i took out that and returned the files to premod state and when I tried to play on a new world I genned after removal they still where marked as animals and had no skills, then i tried to start a world i made before the mod and it also had the dwarves marked as animal! what is wrong? here is the creature and entity for dwarves. also i am using the lego mod and have orcs in to and upped dwarven reproduction.
creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
entity:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: strange problem with dwarven inteligence
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 11:56:16 am »

[INTELIGENT]

should be

[INTELLIGENT]

I think

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:48:30 pm »

thank you! I will try that right away...

and it works! thank you again, now i have dwarfs that have everything in the world aggressive to them except themselves. this will be a "fun" world to play indeed.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:17:33 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 05:28:49 pm »

oh the sweet irony....  ::)

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 06:07:47 pm »

There's an errorlog file in your Dwarf folder, whatever that is, that will display errors like that. Great for finding all the stupid typos one can make while modding. It doesn't specify the location, though, which can just make things painful.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 01:01:52 am »

But if it says error blah blah [INTELIGENT] than you can open each text document and search the whole thing at once with a search command (ctrl + f or apple + f or whatever you use) for INTELIGENT and it will either find the error or you know that it is not in that text document.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 01:35:30 am »

oh the sweet irony....  ::)

rofl, glad I'm not the only one!