Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Um, Animal-man invasion?  (Read 6799 times)

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Animal-man invasion?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 08:30:52 pm »

Thanks for the info. Interesting... Any advice on fighting/killing the demon? I want to fight her personally.

If you get in their sight range they'll have their I'm going to kill you speech, and charge over to fight you look around enough outside and explore all the towers, you'll find her. Be warned though, Demon's are pretty badass, based on my fights with them I'm guessing they have at least Legendary + 3 wrestling, if not +4, and the firebreathing and/or throwing can hurt even extremely well defended/high toughness adventurers. It's really more luck on whether you can score a hit on them early that breaks something :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 02:59:50 pm »

Luckly you CAN take advantage of several inconsistancies in the game to take down the Demons with SOME consistancy.

As a suggestion get to Legendary Throwing and make sure you have a fist full of Arrows (buy them if you have to) and then throw them.

Thrown Arrows function EXACTLY like normal arrows. Better then Pikes because Arrows not only do more damage but when they get stuck you throw another. The Demon may even waste time pulling them out.

Mind you that is only one strategy... Plucking out both the Demon's eyes is another.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 01:35:52 pm »

yeah, same thing happened to me, with the invasion.  I was very confused.  And then dead when ratmen ate me.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 11:00:13 pm »

As a suggestion get to Legendary Throwing and make sure you have a fist full of Arrows (buy them if you have to) and then throw them.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 12:47:38 am »

*Slow clap*

Anyway, I think I'll make a fortress where I dig an entire mountain into up/down staircases for extended freedom of movement, have an adventurer travel in and out of the map, and then try and take on the ruins.

Can monsters attack from above and to the side? Would I be able to get surrounded and attacked by 26 monsters at a time?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 09:14:11 pm »

Can monsters attack from above and to the side? Would I be able to get surrounded and attacked by 26 monsters at a time?
Yes.
Pages: 1 [2]