Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Unahppy dwarves emigrate  (Read 3794 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: Unahppy dwarves emigrate
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 12:43:39 am »

This topic has been derailed.. How can human immigration be part of dwarven emigration....

Ahh well... 

But since it is being discussed here... A couple Questions.

#1.  Could a human or an elf ever be made comfortable in what amounts to a cave?

#2. Can we dissalow such immigration?

#3. If we continiously assigned elves to military roles and sent them to stand inside a magma washing chamber would they ever smarten up?

#4. Would elves still get mad if you made wooden furniture? 

#5. Could we assign all elves to tree cutting duties?

#6. Would other races children be allowed in the forts?

#7. How about mixed races children?

#8. Would the elves and humans have totaly different motives?  Aka humans might like dwarven syrup roasts and have a +50 good thought for eating one. while Elves might get a +10 for having a Sunshine Alcohol.

Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 04:42:11 am »

#1.  Could a human or an elf ever be made comfortable in what amounts to a cave?

They could get a thought similar to the alcohol dependency of the dwarves, that goes down the more time they spend above ground. This would supply a need to build the apartments, if you want the other species to stick around. After awhile, if you don't build the above ground dwellings, I could see some of them moving on. Although I'd imagine there'd be a few diehards that would opt to stay.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 11:01:32 am »

On the topic of emigration, being able to give the boot to dwarves you don't like/need would be nice. Immigration should probably be more controlled, otherwise people end up walking back and forth  :P

If I need to supply them with wagons, food etc, I'm fine with that. While I'm at it, I should probably be able to limit kids per couple and immigrants probably should have some stuff to their name when they show up. No furniture but bedding and a little provisions in wagons goes a long way in making it seem like they had to eat offscreen
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]