Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peasent revolt  (Read 1360 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Peasent revolt
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:29:29 pm »

Hey I have been hearing rumors about a way to start a peasent revolt. Are they true? If so please tell me how I can try it myself
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Twad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peasent revolt
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:01:39 am »

.. tantrum spiral? Boredom-induced berserk rage? Peasants AFAIK dont behave differently than your average dwarf.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 01:07:52 am »

You can lock up nobles and kill them by dehydration, but I don't think you can cause a peasant revolt yet.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:02:51 am »

OH sorry for not being clear i meant in Adventure mode, sorry :(.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:51:16 pm »

I have heard that if you attack a person in your starting village but dont kill them, because they will have hit you back they get tagged as an enemy too, then others attack them and get marked and so the cycle goes on.
NOT THE BEES!

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 08:04:11 pm »

I have heard that if you attack a person in your starting village but dont kill them, because they will have hit you back they get tagged as an enemy too, then others attack them and get marked and so the cycle goes on.

doesnt work.  You attack someone and your tagged as an enemy, and your forcefully removed from the civ at that very moment, to prevent such things from happening.

You have to somehow get a civ member to attack another civ member, as it doesnt remove them after they hit a friendly.
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 09:20:14 pm »

doesnt work.  You attack someone and your tagged as an enemy, and your forcefully removed from the civ at that very moment, to prevent such things from happening.

You have to somehow get a civ member to attack another civ member, as it doesnt remove them after they hit a friendly.
You can do this by playing as a megabeast adventurer and then retiring it in a town.  If you go to that town with a new adventurer, you can get a quest to kill the megabeast, which would now be a citizen.  It will automatically tag you as its personal enemy, attacking you, flagging itself as an enemy to you and everyone in the town . . .

Then the real fun starts if you can kill the megabeast and find a nice hiding hole.  Ensuing combat text will be awesome.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 11:28:42 pm »

Wow that would be awesome, a self destructing town!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 02:32:56 am »

I once started a war between two awesomely powerful good and evil versions of the same race to get rid of unwanted human shields...
They were angels, okay, but the evil angels were worthless, so i went into the good angel town, stood next to the dragon leader, and attacked the evil ones...
The loyal good angels already on my team protected my while the dragon burned down several trees in the area...
It was friggn' awsome...
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!