Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Perpetual Nuclear War (War ended. Wait...what?!)  (Read 19937 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Nuclear War (ROUND SEVEN! Eight nations have kicked the bucket!)
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2009, 01:37:32 pm »

umiman is right, but his victory is very dishonorable for cooperating with other nations rather than seeking their complete and utter destruction. However, it would result in Karlito doing, well, nothing.

I just don't want to declare the game over because of some latent fear that this entire scheme is a excuse.

*Umiman nukes Pandra. 1 City left.

*WorkerDude is nuking Pandra. Since this would happen, Pandra will nuke back at WorkerDude, giving up his ability to rebuild that city. Pandra has no cities and thus is annhilated.

*Karlito will do nothing.

Three-way victory between Uminan, WorkerDrone, and Karlito. Game Over.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Nuclear War (War ended. Wait...what?!)
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2009, 01:46:57 pm »

Pshaw. You only say that because you were too scared to actually play the game. I incinerated every faction that acted in the manner that you wanted, complete and utter annihilation, and united whatever remaining factions that didn't want to fight any more. I don't know what world you live in, but that's more or less the definition of honor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Furthermore, I am an economist at heart. Even if I wanted the utter annihilation of everyone else, there is no way I could have won this other than mutual victory. Thus, while Karlito or WorkerDrone could have won the game, Karlito most likely, I want to win as well. EVEN IF, I wanted to kill everyone, it's really stupid to be suicidal.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2009, 03:06:21 pm »

And this is why I nuked Umiman in the first round.Smug sensical bastard he is...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2009, 03:16:56 pm »

Furthermore, I am an economist at heart. Even if I wanted the utter annihilation of everyone else, there is no way I could have won this other than mutual victory.

Well, I would assume you would try to be aKingmaker and try to get Karlito to win the game.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2009, 04:14:32 pm »

It was a diplomatic tactic to gain support and allies. Much like how when WorkerDrone bombed me, I stated that I was going to die but whoever killed me would win the game.

This is true, but the fact was that I had two cities left and whoever shot me first would essentially leave the other person to win.

If you draw a diagram, what this means is that the best choice for Pandarsenic and Karlito at the time would have been to not attack me. I mentioned it in the offchance that they didn't realize that.

By claiming that I was completely altruistic, since there's no better way to gain trust than to martyr yourself for someone else's cause (even if you don't want to), I could defeat Pandarsenic. Karlito never really cared about the game, so it was easy to get him to follow orders and WorkerDrone is like Igor. I started provoking Pandarsenic so that he would reveal his true intentions to Igor, which he did to my surprise, so that I could extend a caring hand to an unloved servant. Interestingly enough, WorkerDrone did shoot the nuke at me, but a last second PM from me altered the nuke's course back at its master.

Prior to this, I had an alliance with Nilocy, Duke 2.0, and IndonesiaWarMinister and had been speaking to other players since the beginning of the game. By controlling who shoots what and where, I was able to, in the most part, capitalize on weaker players to build a powerbase. I realized too, that Pandarsenic was most poised to win the game and ever since 5 turns from the end, I have been attempting to get players to strike at him on my behalf through wily words and twisted logic.

However, either through Pandarsenic's own diplomatic skills or his sheer intimidating strength, no one ever did it. My final key was IndonesiaWarMinister, but he completely wasted his turn. Since that point, I realized that individual victory was no longer possible and had to shift my priorities. I began a preemptive strike against Pandarsenic so that he couldn't attack for at least two turns as I needed time to lay the foundations and identify people's loyalties.

When I found out that WorkerDrone and him were allies, that's when the final things went into play. First off, I knew that Karlito was not allied with anyone and his strategy throughout the game was to do nothing and repair himself. It meant that he didn't really care that much about it, didn't have allies, and would certainly accept a proposal for his victory if worded correctly. I did that and at the same time sent a message to WorkerDrone announcing that he would die unless he helped us. What I didn't tell him was that if he and Pandarsenic both spent their turns repairing themselves, Karlito and I would have lost. I hid that fact through hyperbole and misguiding statements. This was done by listing out what seemed to be all the possible events that could occur and then leaving out that one bit.

Again, all the announced alliances and lengthy speeches prior to the end were all attempts to phase Pandarsenic into doing something stupid so that I could manipulate WorkerDrone into killing his own superior. Whether Pandarsenic truly wanted to kill everyone, I don't know, but what I do know is that if you repeat something often enough (even if it isn't true), people will start to have doubts if not really start to believe you. That's why I started calling him a traitor and a coward even though I had no real proof.

The reason why I wanted 24 hours was so that I could perform all those diplomatic acts and arrange for the final actions.

Blah blah blah, victory happened. The curious thing is that if IndonesiaWarMinister had done ANYTHING but do nothing, then there was a good chance I would have just annihilated everyone and taken the crown for myself, as that was the original plan. So in actuality, the traitor and backstabber was me. Funny, isn't it?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2009, 04:22:12 pm »

Wait, so I was used AGAIN?

Eh. Twas my purpose in this game I suppose. Move the leash from one hand and set the hound on a new enemy.

Was fun, good gents, but I think this game had far to much deplomacy for one such as me. I am good for two things. Daring forward charges, and a hounding abstraction in the land scape set forth to slow you down.

Good day.

WorkerDrone places his tophat on his head and strolls off humming a cheery tune, twirling a cane, as he is soon enveloped in the new wastelands sun set.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2009, 06:15:03 pm »

SUCKS! TOTALLY!  >:(  I WANT BLOOD!

What's this panzy peaceful solution?  Only One must stand...

Mutual victory is not acceptable in this kind of game (only in real life)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2009, 06:25:23 pm »

Yay, I win!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]