Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege just stays outside?  (Read 845 times)

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Siege just stays outside?
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:57:24 am »

My fortress is being sieged but the goblins are just sitting outside! What can I do to make them charge in to my drowning chamber? Mwahaha!
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Dawnkeeper

• Bay Watcher
  • carpe noctem
    • View Profile
Re: Siege just stays outside?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:00:38 am »

there must be a path to your dwarfs. so a raised drawbridge foils the plan.
Quote from: Toady One
02/22/2009: I fixed the brain problem.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:37:40 am »

There is!
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:42:10 am »

Hi!

Check for locked doors then.

Siegers are currently cheating. They will only move if there is a possible path to your dwarves. They will ignore traps in that consideration, but any locked door will cut the path short.

If all else fails, bait your trap room with a recruit (^_^;; (Just make sure you can get him out before triggering the actual trap).

Deathworks

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:56:13 am »

No locked doors either =( . I've had not such problem with previous sieges, this is my third...

DF doesn't work well on this computer so I can't upload to DFMA atm (will try later today). Meh, I might as well link the old version for now, the new version isn't that different. http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-4497-stonetrapthestrongaxe-guardofthemountains
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:58:39 am by Oksbad »

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:17 pm »

Sieges are just buggy like that on some maps.  Seems to be a pathfinding problem for sieges if I remember correctly.

On maps with that problem for me I just let my dwarfs back outside.  Eventually the siegers find a path to them and start moving then I order back inside.