Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid humans  (Read 720 times)

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Stupid humans
« on: February 09, 2009, 01:10:54 pm »

Im currently building in an human settlement as humans because my idea is too build fort in the outside, anyway i designated my peasant too pick up an axe and too begin chopping wood all went fine until i went into the unit list selected him and pressed ''r'' because i wanted too know what it did and now he dropped the halberd he used to chop wood with and are picking it up and dropping it endless times >:(, hopefully someone of you knows why the started doing this.

sorry if someone already posted this but i didnt see any.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid humans
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 01:15:02 pm »

Has been posted. The search feature is just crap.

But yes, this problem stems from the fact that halberds are the human default axe, and it is a two-handed weapon. To pick it up, humans use both hands, where they recognize their military settings are set to not use two-handed weapons. Thus he drops it. Then he realizes he needs an axe. Then he drops it, because the offhand is being used.

So, to fix this head to the military menu and go to weapon preferences. there should be a #1 or something between the weapons options and the armor options. Set that to two.

TAAAADAAAAAAAA!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 01:18:43 pm »

Thanks for the info :), it worked. but anyone know what the ''r'' does in unit list?
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:24:28 pm »

From what I can tell, it removes jobs from a dwarf. Only jobs, not recreational things.

I never really used it, though. It could have a use, if that miner accidentally had hauling enabled and you need him to mine NOW.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 01:28:13 pm »

I never really used it, though. It could have a use, if that miner accidentally had hauling enabled and you need him to mine NOW.

Use it for your trader. Get him to stop making flutes for a minute and go deal with the trade depot.

Bob Kelso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:06:51 pm »

Some points of interest:

If you ever want your humans to use weapons such as pikes or bows, set the skill for those weapons to SKILL:SPEAR and SKILL:CROSSBOW respectively in the item_weapon raw file. Also, military humans show up as "axemans" or "swordsmans" in the status screen, but this can be fixed in creature_standard, I think.

If your humans mine some adamantine, too bad. They can't extract the strands from it unless you enable that job (STRAND_EXTRACTOR) in the entity_default, but I kinda think that's intended.

I don't know if this is for humans exclusively, but it seems they can farm outdoor crops without using fertilizer.

Count on trading for all your wood once you utterly destroy the forest in your area. Ahh, civilization at last.