Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alcohol - F**k it.  (Read 524 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Alcohol - F**k it.
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:47:59 am »

I decided to stop taking alcohol along when I embark, and you know what?

It made no real difference to dwarven state of mind.
They were a bit annoyed for a while, but, eventually, stopped caring.

The reason I stopped bringing it, was that, for a, ahem, social experiment, I stopped brewing drinks. And the dwarves didn't kill each other, which was disappointing. In fact, they stayed Ecstatic.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Alcohol - F**k it.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 07:54:13 am »

Oh yeah, they can still be happy without booze.  It's just that they work more slowly without it.  After awhile without it, if you check their profile, it'll say that.

How long have you been playing DF, out of curiosity?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:56:23 am »

On and off for about 2 years.
I just always made booze for fear of depression.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:19:54 am »

In one of my first forts, the first one that survived for more than a year without everyone starving, I still hadn't figured out booze.  No one was exceedingly depressed, but my novice siege engineers would not be able to finish making any ballista parts.  There was just an endless loop of "start job, do for ages, quit, start over later."

Yeah, booze just hurts productivity when it's lacking.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember