Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HASSHELL on non-fish vermin  (Read 808 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
HASSHELL on non-fish vermin
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:02:04 pm »

Anyone played around with shells on non-fish vermin? I know they don't drop off of large creatures, but I'm wondering if I can get some non-aquatic vermin to give shells as well.

I'm currently trying to test this in a desert with two different types of Scarabs that I added in. Sadly, they don't show up too often and I've yet to see one either killed by cats or caught in my animal traps. So I figured I'd ask and see if anyone has already gotten this to work.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: HASSHELL on non-fish vermin
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:59:38 pm »

Well, it works on turtles, and those can go on land.  The main problem might be that non-fish vermin cannot be caught and cooked.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: HASSHELL on non-fish vermin
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:23:35 pm »

A solution:
Uber-up their population for testing purposes.

Also: I think turtles work specially because they are fishable.
I have never seen a cat kill a turtle and then I was able to harvest shell from said turtle.