Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding Eating, Drinking and Sleeping  (Read 835 times)

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Regarding Eating, Drinking and Sleeping
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:03 pm »

Is there any way of changing the amount a race needs to eat, drink or sleep without removing the needs entirely? I would feel less like my race was a huge cheat if there was, because they are currently being made into a race that has it a little easier than dwarves to survive (Tougher, faster) but I don't want them to be absolutely superhuman.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Eating, Drinking and Sleeping
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:35:40 pm »

I don't know a way to make them eat less. I do know there are ways to make them not have to eat or drink. Like [NOEAT].

Something I could suggest to make your race better is to take away the alcohol dependent if they are based off the dwarves so they only need to drink water or whatever else they would like to drink.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:26:41 pm »

That is a point. Hopefully with that they wont rescue barrels of booze when the fortress is flooding rather than the other people. :P (Actually happened once, the only survivors of a fort flood were three dwarves and a barrel of dwarven ale. It sure as heck didn't carry itself up three flights of stairs and out into the wild.)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 01:32:02 pm »

That's actually a good Idea, except I want to turn that around so that a race needs to eat two or three times a DAY and sleep once a day. And requires water or else they die. And the spontaneously combust whenever they aren't ecstatic.

Well, except for that last one. I want to make a real-time fortress mod. I want to have it take several months to create a masterful set of armor.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:55:07 pm »

Using the upcoming caste system, you could turn off eating for 50% of the population to have a similar effect