Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help me I'm so bored  (Read 3253 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Help me I'm so bored
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 07:58:54 pm »

On that note, I just noticed that most of th'original wizard of oz series is apparently on gutenberg. I just made myself busy in my off hours.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 08:02:52 pm »

Read a good, free, book

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But you want a game with a ton of choices? Do you just mean in terms of customization or in terms of branching gameplay?
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 02:39:14 am »

I'm all stocked up on books from library. Also I can't stand e-books. Hmm... actually I don't think I read Hitchhiker's guide before. I wonder what's the title in my language so I can ask about it next time I'm borrowing books.

EDIT:
But you want a game with a ton of choices? Do you just mean in terms of customization or in terms of branching gameplay?
Doesn't matter (actually I'd like both :P). I simply don't like begin put on railroad tracks, its boring that way. That's what games should be about : making choices (bonus points for meaningful choices), otherwise might as well watch a movie or something.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 02:51:44 am by janekk »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 02:44:30 am »

I recently started playing Fantasy General again. It's an old game, but very well done and a lot of fun.

As a suggestion stockpile wands of illness.

It is some of the ONLY spells that work well against high level creatures.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 03:11:19 am »

I'm all stocked up on books from library. Also I can't stand e-books. Hmm... actually I don't think I read Hitchhiker's guide before. I wonder what's the title in my language so I can ask about it next time I'm borrowing books.
Besides hitchhikers, I highly recommend Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and the follow up, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul.

Hitchhikers is enough reason for me to be sad Douglas died before writing more, but those two Dirk Gently books makes me want to bring him back from the dead so he can write more.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 06:08:14 am »

I meet plenty of Hitchhikers fans but not so many Dirk Gently fans, I also highly recommend both series'. A radio adaptation of both Dirk Gently novels was aired on BBC radio4 in the last couple of years. The books are better but I mention them because they were easily missed and they're worth listening to. Talking of radio shows the Hitchhikers ones are fantastic, not to be missed.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 03:43:28 pm »

I wonder what's the title in my language so I can ask about it next time I'm borrowing books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy
Click your language on the left.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 06:52:10 pm »

I've felt that AoW got closest to the MoM feel more than any other game. But it's balanced, unlike MoM, which there's so much overpowered stuff that nothing is overpowering. Disciples and Heroes of Might and Magic are a somewhat different genre, but good strategy.

Did you try Conquest of Elysium? That game has its flaws too, but I remember spending my weekends on it long before Dominions 1 came out.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 [2]