Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Choked by Perfectionism  (Read 1957 times)

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
Re: Choked by Perfectionism
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 08:56:13 am »

Here's a challenge for you.

Strip-mine the area you want to "build" and cover everything you need with wooden floors and walls.  No danger of colors switching on you, and no worries about whether you want to save that ore you just found to keep your design scheme or mine it out because you need it.

It'll also give you a good reason not to seize elf goods on sight.  :D  If you treat them well, they can bring in as many as 50 units of wood, which isn't too shabby!

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 02:30:07 pm »

Here's a challenge for you.

Strip-mine the area you want to "build" and cover everything you need with wooden floors and walls.  No danger of colors switching on you, and no worries about whether you want to save that ore you just found to keep your design scheme or mine it out because you need it.

It'll also give you a good reason not to seize elf goods on sight.  :D  If you treat them well, they can bring in as many as 50 units of wood, which isn't too shabby!

An underground tower cap farm can push 1000 wood if you build it right and keep it "weeded" by designating your dorfs to pick all the plants occasionally.

A good way to deal with microline is to simply convert it using Dtil.  Most of the time obsidian or granite works, but if you really like the color you can convert it to adamantium.

Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

irmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 04:33:48 pm »

what about an anti-ocd mod that punishes perfection with seemingly random events?

I like this, except the part where it's a mod. It should be a core feature.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 04:57:18 pm »

That, and try to bring up 'edits the niceness' suggestions like tunnellers...
Pages: 1 [2]