Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven right-of-way  (Read 1711 times)

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven right-of-way
« on: April 12, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

This is kinda silly, but I think it'd be nice if determination of which dwarf has to lie down when two meet in a corridor was based on who had the most skill.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven right-of-way
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »

A nice bloat! I like it. In addition, favor the person hauling something. "I don't care WHO you are, I'm not crawling around with this desk!"

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »

Nobles, of course, get right-of-way preference (except the philosopher).

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 07:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MaxVance:
<STRONG>Nobles, of course, get right-of-way preference (except the philosopher).</STRONG>

What are you talking about? The philosopher always know the right way!

You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MaxVance:
<STRONG>Nobles, of course, get right-of-way preference (except the philosopher).</STRONG>

NO! WRONG! GET OUT!

Nobles should crawl everywhere, and can only eat the left over food, and they can't wear armor, and they should be killed on sight, and bleed, and BUUUUURRRRRN!!!!!!

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 10:31:00 pm »

*In comes the king's armies, hauling Slappy Moose off to the stocks for his lack of respect for noble privilege.*
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 02:25:00 am »

It should go
True Noble (based on rank)-> Appointed noble (based on skill) -> Military (based on rank, then skill) -> normal dwarf (based on skill)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 02:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Grek:
<STRONG>It should go
Dwarf Carrying Large Object (based on weight) -> True Noble (based on rank)-> Appointed noble (based on skill) -> Military (based on rank, then skill) -> normal dwarf (based on skill)</STRONG>

Added the one you forgot.

Miminini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 04:22:00 pm »

Oh ho, the nobles are now mandating their own deaths, if not asking for solitary confinement for all eternity.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »

Actually, you're forgetting tame animals!

Cats->True nobility->Heavy haulers->Legendary dwarves->Lesser nobbles->Commoners->Other animals

If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kogan Loloklam:
<STRONG>*In comes the king's armies, hauling Slappy Moose off to the stocks for his lack of respect for noble privilege.*</STRONG>

Bah! I'll hide giant cave spider eggs in the noble's beards before I die.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.