Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Economy Expansion  (Read 1085 times)

LSTAR

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Sprung From Ambush!
    • View Profile
    • Second Hand News
Economy Expansion
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:42:00 pm »

Right now all the economy does is allow my dwarves to buy over-priced rubbish to litter their floors/containers with. Sure, there's rent, but how does the economy actually impact on the game right now? I suggest that the economy is expanded to include aspects of dwarf life other than shopping. I say dwarves should be charged for the food and drink they consume, parties they attend, etc. Also, how's about dwarves getting evicted if they can't keep up with their rent?
To fix the huge piles of coins I have lying everywhere why not give each dwarf a purse than remains on their bodies. This would let them pick up the scattered ones and twos of coins relatively painlessly and allow them to have their money at hand at all times for transactions.
"Slaves to Ciko Suppermuffin: Goddess of Food."

The man, the blog, the manblog.

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Economy Expansion
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »

Dwarves who can't pay rent already do get evicted.  Most of your other ideas are already in the pipes;  see Req100, Bloat251, etc.

I can't wait for coin stacking, personally.  My game slows to a crawl when the bookkeeper arrives.

g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Economy Expansion
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »

Yeah, I've had the eviction happen a couple times. I thought they paid for food already, no? And don't them store the coins in a coffer(or another containter?) in their bedroom? I remember having the dwarves throw the coins in their rooms and I got most of it fixed by installing coffers in those rooms.

But yeah, the treasury fails stacking after the economy starts.