Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mud  (Read 1442 times)

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mud
« on: November 03, 2007, 12:07:00 pm »

Mud. Mud has the amusing quality of multiplying infinitely .

My completely white fortress (dolomite) is now covered completely in mud, some walls as well..

I suggest, with a healthy dose of begging, a way of getting rid of it. Either a clean job (with reduced mud amount) or a ini function to disable the spreading via walking of it.

It's really annoying how 1(one) tile of mud can cause an infinite other tiles to become mod, providing dwarfs walk over it.

Please toady, there's no way to get rid of it. It took them 20seconds to get everything remudded with fresh mud after the 1st winter "mud dry out" fase.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Mud
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:30:00 pm »

frequently stated elsewhere, a bridge over a pit will not get muddied, and block the spread of mud.

[ November 03, 2007: Message edited by: qwertyuiopas ]

Eh?
Eh!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »

I really don't mind mud. I don't imagine a big fortress without it. I loved the way your dwarves let a trail when waling in sand or mud. And there is nothing dirtier than a dwarf shoe.  :)

However, it would be very nice if the dwarves should be able to clean it.

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »

Yes i know that now, but it's to late... And i wont start a new fortress just cous of mud.. it needs a fixing, not a silly (unitended game feater) as a fix.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by qwertyuiopas:
<STRONG>frequently stated elsewhere, a bridge over a pit will not get muddied, and block the spread of mud.

[ November 03, 2007: Message edited by: qwertyuiopas ]</STRONG>

A workaround does not ultimately replace a feature.

This is not a signature.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »

the inside of my fortress (inside the mountain) is quite clean, for now, but all of the outside buildings are covered in mud and blood, and I was wondering if the cleaning job could be tweaked so that outside constructions could also be cleaned?
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Shade

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

Designated cleaning.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 08:27:00 pm »

Okay, in another of my practice fortresses, I got a splattering of ichor, and now my fortress is being covered in white stuff.  Which would be cool except that I'm building out of orthoclase (I seem to be swimming in the stuff), and the nice gold color is steadily disappearing beneath the relentless flood of white.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 08:47:00 pm »

Mud wouldn't be so bad except that now it seems I have tower-caps springing up again. Which would be nice since I've no wood, but they die before maturity on their own.

Edit: Actually, does anybody still have a copy of mud.exe? (And will it still work?)

[ November 03, 2007: Message edited by: Funkadelic Jive Turkey ]