Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modding sieges into small forts  (Read 2006 times)

Drunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding sieges into small forts
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 03:36:44 pm »

I actually managed to get the export limit by simply trading away my anvil.

I am however an idot.
A civ with a red line is not at war. A civ that says war is at war. None of the civs were at war.
So a new question:
How can I make them war with me?

edit: well anyway, I have made a lot of civs with names like test1 test2 etc with various seasons and test3 is at war, so I should be able to confirm answers to most of my own questions in the first couple of years.
edit2: Sweet I just got sieged by test4 in early summer the first year. test 4 is the one that is active all seasons. My pop is still 7 and my exports are 0. I will probably die to this siege so I will have to try again to test the the affects of the other seasons. Ill try walling in but I will most likely starve.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:01:18 pm by Drunken »
A stopped clock is right for exactly two infinitessimal moments every day.
A working clock on the other hand is almost never ever exactly right.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 03:44:01 pm »

A civ with a red line means it will be hostile no matter what. So if they have that you should be good.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

bepo5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 04:34:00 pm »

I find that every goblin civ you add in is another % chance to be sieged. So you could try just copy pasting ten more goblin civs with different names, but make sure to generate it on a large map, as on small maps many get wiped out quickly. I tried this and after my first summer, I got at least one siege every two seasons.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:36:31 pm by bepo5 »

Drunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 04:59:25 pm »

I have gotten two sieges so far in the first year. Siege 2 was from test2, and was in autumn, at the same time as the caravan. This civ is active in summer so it appears that the seasons dont affect when they seige. I still dont understand why I didnt get any sieges on my first try.
A stopped clock is right for exactly two infinitessimal moments every day.
A working clock on the other hand is almost never ever exactly right.
Pages: 1 [2]