Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Detailed fights  (Read 912 times)

Temporal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Detailed fights
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:12:00 pm »

I would love the ability to view fights in similar detail to that of adventure mode.

As it is, you can merely randomly pause and use V on the creatures to see their wounds. You never actually see what happens, just that they suddenly have a lightly wounded nose that they didn't have several seconds ago.

I'm not entirely sure how it could be implemented, as I'm sure announcements would get annoying in large battles (maybe a toggle?), maybe a seperate window instead?

I think the conflicts are the main source of excitement in fortress mode, and this would improve that aspect greatly.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: Detailed fights
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »

Maybe some kind of dwarf specific history?  Put it next to the "View Profile", press 'h' instead of 'z', and see something like an adventure log.  The profile shows a history of things that made them happy and unhappy, a real history could be more specific and include fight details or famous events that they witnessed or took part in.

LSTAR

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Sprung From Ambush!
    • View Profile
    • Second Hand News
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:11:00 am »

I'm pretty sure this is in the works. I can't wait!
"Slaves to Ciko Suppermuffin: Goddess of Food."

The man, the blog, the manblog.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »

I hope it doesn't eat up even more memory :x ... Imagine 100 dwarves fighting for a year and filling up those logs :x ... I'd rather have it saved on a txt or a movie-like file so you can review the fights in details.