Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: We Require your Assistance!  (Read 842 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
We Require your Assistance!
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:40:17 am »

Some of you may be aware that a recent poster by the alias of Aleric and I have embarked on a mission. Aleric as some of you are aware, is blind. I'm working with him to attempt to convey the experience of Dwarf Fortress as good as possible. There are some minor difficulties, but so far, everything has been a success.

Our fortress, Tattoopaint, is in it's second year. We've yet to have anything terribly awesome happen, other than a bizarre pink tourmaline floodgate artifact, but we've proven to ourselves that it is possible for him to give me his vision of the fortress, an for me to implement it to the best of my ability.

However, Tattoopaint is doomed to be boring in the long stretch, I feel. No special features, no hidden fun stuff,and so far, no acts of war.

So, after speaking with him, I come to you. I'm terrible at generating a world, but if someone can give me a map and site with a few hidden features, Magma pipe, HFS, underground river, war with at least one civilization, in a relatively small area, I would really appreciate it.

I will post a few screenshots of Tattoopaint, which isn't yet as epic as it can be, after only two years in a later post, for your viewing pleasure.
!!&!!

Hallemkz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: We Require your Assistance!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 01:56:51 am »

Try RiverKingdom at the pregenerated worlds on DFFD. It is useable for this version of DF and has 5x5 area, HFS, volcano, woodland, herbs and underground river. There's an excel file with the embark screen in, just say if you can't view it.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: We Require your Assistance!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 02:01:28 am »

Thank you kindly. I check that out after sun up.
!!&!!