Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I want One!  (Read 2360 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I want One!
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 09:55:39 pm »

There is a strong DF community on the Something Awful forums. (Boatmurdered, anyone?)
While I would expect the majority of them to also be signed up here, that doesn't mean they all are. 8)

Even though there is quite a strong community, I believe that the general view of the Bay Twelve forums from the facepunch perspective goes something like this:

fpnewb: Any of you signed up at Bay12?

lolgmodxpert: NO TEHRE A BUNCH O PUSSIES

autobanhammer: FAGS TOO

fpnewb: Aren't they just a bunch of nice people with a slightly geeky side who enjoy DF?

lolgmodexpert: NO

autobanhammer: NO, REPOTRED

fpnewb is now banned

I would suspect most of them would avoid this forum like the plague -- no offense meant to anyone from FP reading this post.

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 09:59:41 pm »

There is a strong DF community on the Something Awful forums. (Boatmurdered, anyone?)
While I would expect the majority of them to also be signed up here, that doesn't mean they all are. 8)

Even though there is quite a strong community, I believe that the general view of the Bay Twelve forums from the facepunch perspective goes something like this:

fpnewb: Any of you signed up at Bay12?

lolgmodxpert: NO TEHRE A BUNCH O PUSSIES

autobanhammer: FAGS TOO

fpnewb: Aren't they just a bunch of nice people with a slightly geeky side who enjoy DF?

lolgmodexpert: NO

autobanhammer: NO, REPOTRED

fpnewb is now banned

I would suspect most of them would avoid this forum like the plague -- no offense meant to anyone from FP reading this post.

I am sceptical it works that way.

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 10:11:03 pm »

I think it's pretty shitty that someone did this without prior approval/go ahead from Toady (if that is the case). But if it's tolerated then more power to him. I imagine it's a decent DF shirt. Not something I would wear though.
The person who designed that shirt is Ian of Three Panel Soul. He is selling his art on the shirt. There is nothing wrong here.

Most people who would buy the shirt from TPS would also have seen the comics, and read the rants for those comics. If they read the rant they would have been linked here along with Ian and Matt's words of wisdom concerning DF and how neat it is.

There is no problem. There would be only problem if the shirt used OFFICIAL DWARF FORTRESS ART.
And no, letters and simple smiley faces don't really count as definitive art

Also: whoever designed that shirt is almost certainly One Of Us.
Almost?
We're the only place on the internet to hype the cat/dwarf relationship.
There's a 99.99% chance they're one of us.
Who is the remaining 0.01%?
Spehan King?
Britney Spears?  :o
As a fellow Mainer, I have to correct you in that it's Stephen King. And I personally doubt he had any dwarf+cat things going on.

Also: Cafe-press sucks.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:12:39 pm by Thndr »

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 01:44:47 am »

This is the relevant response from Toady One from several months ago when this was really news:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25953.msg308808#msg308808
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 02:17:28 am »

User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 06:09:17 am »

I don't get the colossus cage being picked up without the colossus. Does that really happen?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 06:15:56 am »

I think that was a problem in early versions, where a dwarf told to build a cage somewhere would pick up the cage and remove the creature in it, or if told to deconstruct a cage would let the creature out.  Never seen it myself, so I'm not sure on the specifics, but I've heard of it before.  It's certainly the kind of borked string of logic I would expect from DF.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 07:41:48 am »

My main problem with the shirt is that the design really fucking sucks.  Why would you put ASCII on a shirt if it doesn't even look like a monospaced font?

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 09:59:50 am »

I don't get the colossus cage being picked up without the colossus. Does that really happen?

Cages placed in stockpiles and moved for purposes of building a cage somewhere retain their cargo.  Cages moved from stockpile to stockpile stay tightly closed as well.  Cages picked up for trading empty themselves as soon as they're moved.
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 10:06:47 am »

My main problem with the shirt is that the design really fucking sucks.  Why would you put ASCII on a shirt if it doesn't even look like a monospaced font?

While we are at it, I am wondering that how many DF shirts have been sold so far.
Pages: 1 [2]