Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Could somebody help me find a map/seed?  (Read 7338 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Could somebody help me find a map/seed?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 04:33:41 am »

Hi!

Asehujiko: Interesting information about the aquifer. I have to admit that after having a few frustrating run-ins with them, I have decided that they are not worth the trouble and thus have stayed away from them. So, aquifers are by and large something unexplored for me.

I think I will still look for a world with such a waterfall without an aquifer, just for fun. Currently, I have to check on a world without kobolds where there is a promising major river, but I haven't had time to check for any waterfalls yet.

On the other hand, if it is really a problem of the outflow being unable to handle the contributory, that is one bug that may need reporting (^_^;;

Fist_Of_Armok: I take it you like this world.

Anyhow, if you have any specific wishes for a world, please feel free to ask. I am more than happy to search for it, unless you want a LARGE world with 2000+ years history - I don't have that good a computer and that simply takes far too long.

One request, though. With your orders, please provide any special demands, interests you have, especially the following:
Desired end year of history OR desire to have megabeasts
Races you absolutely need or you could do without (as a deafult, I try to keep all races in play, but elves, for instance, are relatively difficult to keep alive).
Do you mind GOOD/EVIL tiles (for fun, I always set their number relatively high, but I figure some people do not like them)
What specific visible site features are you interested in (and please be specific. If you need a tall waterfall, please give a hint as to a minimum height or something)

Also note that I never have any hidden features displayed, so I can't guarantee magma (unless a volcano), HFS, or other stuff that can be toggled in the settings for visibility. I also prefer to have history hidden, so hunting for minor historic events is also not possible (major events like wars are still displayed, so they are okay).
I can also hunt for specific creatures like dragons or caves with 20 Giant Cave Spiders - but I can't check where they are on the map (could be on an island).

Okay, these are a lot of requests, but I think they would be helpful.

So, if you are interested in anything, feel free to ask. It is actually great fun for me to generate worlds and see all the freaky site names (like "The mean hills") or watch settlements get destroyed and rebuilt time and again. So, you are actually doing me a favor there.

Deathworks

P.S.: It could be that I will not be online as often the next few days as we are getting bothersome Christmas visitors, though (^_^;;

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 07:27:35 am »

P.S.: It could be that I will not be online as often the next few days as we are getting bothersome Christmas visitors, though (^_^;;

Haha! Welcome back DW.  :)
Yeah...I know what do you mean on "bothersome Xmas visitors"... The same stuff is happening in my house also.  ;D

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 02:44:56 pm »

I've never been so happy to see the start of winter. The river overflow is taking it's toll on my cpu, slowing my fort down to about 10-20fps. Hopefully i get a long enough freeze to allow me to dam off a sizeable chunk before it goes out of control again.

EDIT: while i was typing this, i got a goblin CARAVAN, consisting of a single merchant with no goods arrived. I think i borked something when removing [BABYSNATCHER] from them. Could somebody run this up to an unmodified goblin civ and tell me what i did wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2: Spring is here and i didn't get a freeze despite being on a temperate map. Since a current reversal of this magnitude is very likely going to crash df and without doing that i have no use for this map at all, considering it's atrocious framerate, i hereby cancel this project untill a less cpu intensive location is found. My fort consists of a basic burrow with some workshops and beds, a tunnel to the volcano and a riverside block stockpile awaiting a winter that will never come.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:05:33 pm by Asehujiko »
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Omniarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 11:20:26 pm »

The best part about this map is that the waterfall is so huge that when fish go over the edge, they splatter at the bottom.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 11:40:33 pm »

Sorry to necromancy, but....

Does anyone have the worldgen parameters for this world? The DFFD upload is nice, but I'd like to be able to run it through my worldgen so my custom monsters and such get into it.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 03:47:06 pm »

Hi!

(Finally, things are settling down here)

When I upload maps to the depot, I usually put the world gen information into the information text there.

Code: [Select]
Created in DF v0.28.181.40d.

[WORLD_GEN]
[TITLE:MEDIUM]
[SEED:1683]
[HISTORY_SEED:46176]
[NAME_SEED:644569]
[DIM:129:129]
[END_YEAR:1050]
[BEAST_END_YEAR:200:-1]
[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:0]
[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:0]
[ELEVATION:1:400:1600:1600]
[RAINFALL:0:100:150:150]
[TEMPERATURE:5:100:150:150]
[DRAINAGE:5:100:200:200]
[VOLCANISM:0:100:1600:1600]
[SAVAGERY:0:100:100:100]
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:50:500:1000]
[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:50:500:1000]
[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:100]
[OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:1]
[VOLCANO_MIN:200]
[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:50:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:58:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:4400:3:3]
[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:3000:2:2]
[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:1000:1:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:0:0:0]
[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:0]
[RIVER_MINS:800:800]
[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:0]
[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:1]
[SUBREGION_MAX:1500]
[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:100]
[CAVE_MAX_SIZE:500]
[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:500]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:300]
[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:0]
[SHOW_EMBARK_RIVER:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_POOL:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_M_POOL:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_M_PIPE:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_CHASM:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_PIT:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_OTHER:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:1]
[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:100]
[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:-1]
[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
[ELEVATION_RANGES:0:0:0]
[RAIN_RANGES:0:0:0]
[DRAINAGE_RANGES:0:0:0]
[SAVAGERY_RANGES:0:0:0]
[VOLCANISM_RANGES:0:0:0]

Have fun!

Deathworks

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 07:52:50 pm »

Thanks Death. This is a really sweet world.
Pages: 1 [2]