Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Magma lamp posts: question  (Read 2481 times)

Berrylee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magma lamp posts: question
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 06:51:18 pm »

If you're not gonna finish the project, can you show us how the streetlights show up in 3Dwarf?

This is my test site. Left post is filled to 4/7 magma, right is 7/7 and an unfortunate splash on one of the windows. Which will evaporate eventually, there were a lot more of them to begin with.

Same thing from above. Also cool that some of the gem windows flash in trippy colors because I just made them from whatever I had first on the list, alternating between the colors of the gems they were made from. Didn't know they work like that, might use somewhere else. Like, you could have a few gem windows made of two raw green glass and one topaz in a room full of green glass windows, flashing a hidden (or for the fortress player painfully visible) message.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:10:59 pm by Berrylee »

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55:19 pm »

This gives me an idea with dipping chambers. Create a line of 1x1 holes in the floor filled with magma, and captured gobbo cages suspended above them (floor attached to lever). Doesn't lower levels of magma not kill right away? Would 2/7 tiles work for slowly murdering all the goblins dipped in the magma?

I wish we could attach cages to chains so I can get my cages back :(

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 07:00:12 pm »

just pit the gobs instead of tossing the cage in.
1-3/7 will cause them to combust, so for amusements sake you can make a 2/7 channel 2-3 tiles long ending in a ramp.
Now they will burn when you drom 'em at the end of the channel and they will probably want to leave by the ramp.
Bet on how far they get before they die.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:09 pm »

can anyone figure out waht i mean  :D

By jove, I think you mean steam power!

aaaabaaccaadfda

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me A4!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 08:18:01 pm »

Hell yeah sinergustic, thats right, but what can i do with that steam? i mean i could make a power plant in a river with magma but why have i chosen a glacier?, when i could have used a simple brook, with a volcano combonation?

(this is annother one of a fair few ammount of plans i have) by fair few i mean 2 refils full of em  :D
if the world were binary all DF fans would be represented by smily faces
Pages: 1 [2]