Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: âtastaral – The Sisterhood of Assassins [Community Fort]  (Read 1216 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
âtastaral – The Sisterhood of Assassins [Community Fort]
« on: January 10, 2009, 01:16:44 am »

âtastaral – The Sisterhood of Assassins

It was a cold, rainy day during Autumn when the group met. The meeting was originally planned for the old meeting hall that was usually abandoned, but a mere five minutes before hand, a farmer had decided to host a party there, bringing a few too many eyes and ears for their comfort. Males always were fond of their parties...

So, they moved it to the statue garden. It was always peaceful there, and it would've been a perfect place to pass the time, were it not outside.

It was here that the Sisterhood had decided to meet, to plan the last few details of their latest target – The new Baroness and her family.

This was a common occurrence. The Baroness had just issued a mandate to construct a sterling silver necklace for herself. It wasn't that the mandate was impossible to fill - It was actually quite manageable. It was the principle of the matter. To think that she or any other person could tell others what to do.

She was not the first noble to make a mandate.

And so she would not be allowed to live nor any relative of hers.

. . .

The five of them broke into the Baroness's Dining Room, sending the door hurtling into a Royal Guard, crushing him against the wall. Two other Royal Guardsmen were nearby, drawing their weapons. The Baroness's son and daughter who only seconds ago were eating now hid under the table, cowering in fear.

The first of the Guards rushed the first Assassin. The Assassin dodged the first, and only, slash easily, slicing the Guard's neck.

The second Guard tried to protect the children, ushering them into the Master Bedroom. After they entered, he handed the boy his spear, telling him to board themselves in. The door had closed, just in time for the Guard to be sliced down his back.

The Assassins finally kicked down the door, splitting the spear in two. The Baroness, her husband, son and daughter sat in the corner.

“Kill them all,” one of them said.

The screams echoed through the entire fortress.

. . .

They had finally been captured. It had taken two full squads of Hammerdwarves and a squad of Markdwarves to stop them, killing one of their fellow Assassins and injuring another. The injured one had bled to death in the jail, and it was only down to three of them.

It was in that jail cell that the three of them came up with an extraordinary escape plan. They would need to escape, and then they would start their own fortress. It would be free of oppressive nobles. Only the loving fathers would be allowed in their haven with their wives. It would be their paradise.

And, as if Fate had meant for it all along, their key to escape was with them, sitting in this very prison. There was a noble, who had tried to steal some of the belongings of the late Baroness. She knew the Guard Captain, who would be able to cover for the lack of prisoners and let them escape.

They even let some of the other prisoners go, relieved at their leaving. Of course, they were all males, and that wouldn't be tolerated in paradise...

. . .

They had managed to grab their weapons and some spare armor on their way out, stealing a wagon filled with a few planks of wood. They managed to live off the land, gathering plants and trapping some animals. They were even able to “dispose” of a couple of the other prisoners, dismissing them as accidental falls from the cliffs and a drowning.

After a few months of traveling, they finally stopped. The three Assassins looked at the other three surviving males, with only a hint of madness in their eyes. The Noble saw it, too, and was thankful she had been born female, but she hoped that they wouldn't turn on her...

This fortress is a fortress that will run on some somewhat strict rules:

• Most of the occupants in the fortress will be females.
  • Any male occupants must be the husband or son of any female immigrants migrating to the fort.
  • Males will not be allowed to enter the military.
  • If the female relating to these males dies, then they shall be killed. Exceptions will be made for children. They will be given two years to find a suitable wife (or be engaged.) If they do not find one within this time, they will be killed.
  • Any other males migrating to the fortress will be killed.
  • Nobles that make any mandates for the construction of goods will be killed, as well as their entire families. No exceptions will be made for children. If the mandate is for the exporting of certain items, the noble will not be killed.

You may be allowed to take a dwarf, but don't think it'll be too soon if you choose male.

You may make your name conditional upon gender, but if you really want a male, you'll have to wait a long while.

There are three females with no skills and one female with Novice Social Skills. There are also three males up for grabs, but they won't last long... The three Assassins and Noble have their respective weapons, some armor, a couple of logs and four picks.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would love to here them.

Enjoy the story of âtastaral! Strike the Earth!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: âtastaral – The Sisterhood of Assassins [Community Fort]
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:28:32 am »

I protest this blatantly estrogen-dominated fort by choosing a starting male dwarf, knowing full well he's likely to die very quickly.

Nickname: Brickbeard
Profession: Hardened Criminal
Purpose: To die violently.

Is there no chance of the starting males ditching the females who are planning on killing them by walling themselves in on the other side of the map?

Likely no. Oh well. I eagerly anticipate his bloody death.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 05:37:15 am »

I suppose I'll put up a dwarf here. Should be interesting to see how you kill all the males all the time and still keep a fort going.

Dwarf: Sapphire
Prefered Profession: miner/wrestler(likes using her pick to gouge out eyes)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 05:40:13 am »

Name: Woody
Proffession: Guard Dog

Woof!
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:37:45 am »

I suppose I'll put up a dwarf here. Should be interesting to see how you kill all the males all the time and still keep a fort going.

Dwarf: Sapphire
Prefered Profession: miner/wrestler(likes using her pick to gouge out eyes)

She's a swordsman/wrestler, but she'll be a miner!

I protest this blatantly estrogen-dominated fort by choosing a starting male dwarf, knowing full well he's likely to die very quickly.

Nickname: Brickbeard
Profession: Hardened Criminal
Purpose: To die violently.

Is there no chance of the starting males ditching the females who are planning on killing them by walling themselves in on the other side of the map?

Likely no. Oh well. I eagerly anticipate his bloody death.
Not likely.

What I really meant under "no" skills, was that they have a couple of skills in a weapon, wrestling, and armor usage.

Well, if anyone has any ideas about how to kill off the males, feel free to share.

So far as I can think, there are a couple of good deaths:

Drowning - Simple and cheap
Starving/Dehydrating - Locking them all in the same room or even different rooms.
Crushing - Collapsing an entire tower or ceiling on them
Falling - Building a tower and watching them fall.
Meat Shields/Arena - Watching them fight goblin hordes with no weapons. Or, better, Megabeasts.

Any others I'm missing?

Makahlua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 12:25:06 pm »

Oooh, neat concept! I think I'll play something similar by myself, but in the meantime, I vote for Meat Shield/Arena/Goblin Fodder  ;D  How about an Airlock of Doom where the trade depot is?

Also, dwarf me!

Dwarf: Noctilucent
Prefered Profession: Chef! and Trader (who sells lots of delicious meals ... why no that's not poison in there.. ;) ) and possibly the Mechanic for the Airlock of Doom?

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 01:17:19 pm »

All I'm going to say is, good luck having all your soldiers running around carrying babies.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 02:16:49 pm »

All I'm going to say is, good luck having all your soldiers running around carrying babies.

now now, don't knock the tiny fleshy armor... >.>
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 03:40:19 pm »

Well, if anyone has any ideas about how to kill off the males, feel free to share.

So far as I can think, there are a couple of good deaths:

Drowning - Simple and cheap
Starving/Dehydrating - Locking them all in the same room or even different rooms.
Crushing - Collapsing an entire tower or ceiling on them
Falling - Building a tower and watching them fall.
Meat Shields/Arena - Watching them fight goblin hordes with no weapons. Or, better, Megabeasts.

Any others I'm missing?

Don't forget incineration, by fire or magma. And insanity.

How about a different death for each of them based on their personalities?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 09:37:12 pm »

I think it's a little hard to have children with only married men in the fortress...

Also: Consider the following.

Don't forget incineration, by fire or magma. And insanity.

How about a different death for each of them based on their personalities?
There is an unfortunate lack of magma, but insanity might work... Or severe depression! Lock all the males in a room, make them all make friends, and then kill off them one by one, dumping the bodies into the room.

Also, I forget about the Atom Smasher and Bridge Launching.

And here's our lesser Noble, Noctilucent!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:46:52 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 10:48:50 pm »

Journal of Noctilucent – Spring

We had just arrived, when the three Assassins turned on the other prisoners. We had been living on what we could find before this, but they had decided it was time to stop.

I couldn't regret anything more than joining this group.

The Assassins had sent the others to fish. It didn't turn out all that well for them. The one called Blackbeard managed to survive the longest, severely injuring a carp before being done in himself, though I myself couldn't keep watching after I saw this man's injuries. It was a horrible sight to watch.

I don't think I'll be able to handle this sort of thing often... At least the killing ends here, right?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 12:07:23 am »

Journal of Noctilucent – Spring

I can hardly stand it.

For the past couple of months, I've lived without beds, dining rooms or waterfalls. But, it was until these past few days, when I watched those men die, that everything suddenly set in. Life is miserable.

The Assassins are heartless. Only the one named Sapphire has shown any remorse. The other two care nothing for the dead.

Maybe it won't be so bad tomorrow. We've got a little place dug out, and I've managed to make a few barrels of alcohol. Food will be next, but we will likely be eating plants for a long time.

I hope tomorrow will go better.