Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: EPIC SCENARIO!  (Read 917 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
EPIC SCENARIO!
« on: January 03, 2009, 06:50:09 pm »

The extent of my boredom is vast and far reaching, and my need for instant gratification is ever-present.

So I present this community with a challenge, in which i will also participate, a challenge to create an EPIC SCENARIO!

Use any Locale, any design, any mod you wish, build the fort, and place it into perilous danger!

When it appears that the fort is doomed, save the map, put it onto DFFD, and post the link here, so that others may may try to use their skills to salvage the fort from the impossibly dangerous situation and have fun doing so!

For the fort to be a valid EPIC SCENARIO, it must be possible and not silly or cheap! Try your best people!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EPIC SCENARIO!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 07:18:58 pm »

I don't have one yet, but I wanted to say this idea is awesome and I hope it gets a good response!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:39:12 pm »

5 woodcutters, 7 axes, and 1 fisherman and 1 carpenter/building designer?
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 09:42:54 pm »

I think he means, place the fortress in a situation of imminent doom and save that. Then other people have to try and rescue the dwarves.

Personally, I think that we should unleash pyroclasmic fury upon the unsuspecting dwarves! Create an aboveground reservoir of magma, contained by walls and a hatch. Open the hatch, disassemble the lever, and save. Whoever takes up the challenge has only minutes to close the fortress to the impending fiery, chunky-liquid death.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 09:56:37 pm »

That is exactly what i mean Shoruke!

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 05:52:43 pm »

I have an idea.

1. Start a fort next to a chasm.
2. Abandon without building anything, except tunnels and bridges to provide access to the ledges along the chasm.
3. Visit the site with an adventurer repeatedly until there are tons and tons of chasm creatures.
4. Reclaim, dispose of all but 7 dwarves.
5. Bake for 60 minutes and serve hot.

Yum.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 07:09:51 pm »

1. Get Orc mod.
2. Build the shoddiest town possible.
3. Wait for massive siege.
4. Profit!
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!