Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomats stay with caravans  (Read 913 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Diplomats stay with caravans
« on: January 01, 2009, 08:15:05 am »

Instead of appearing diametrically opposite them (and, more importantly, the guards) on the map.

Merchants: "We should take this nice, wide road up to the fort."
Diplomat: "No, I think I'll sneak around back for that unscalable cliff by myself. It's perfectly safe, even though goblins have tried to kill me three(five, ten, twenty) years running."
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomats stay with caravans
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 08:42:16 am »

Diplomats are supposed to have their own guards judging by the civ raws. I've never seen any though and they'd probably outrun them easily. Agility as is is somewhat broken and nonsensical

Historical figures like them being replaced when they die should be a priority addition to the game

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 02:03:14 pm »

Historical figures like them being replaced when they die should be a priority addition to the game

I think the entity positions stuff for the upcoming release will include succession and so forth.

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 06:02:42 pm »

Do want, it's really really annoying to have diplomats show up outside of my walled road when I'm sealed up, and I have to open the door, while the carvan proper takes the road without any trouble  >:( Not to mention, it don't makes -any- sense for diplomats to not take a ride alongside carvans and instead show up on the opposite end of map