Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let squads go hungry/thirsty/tired when on duty  (Read 1133 times)

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let squads go hungry/thirsty/tired when on duty
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:32:00 pm »

There should be an option to force soldiers to go hungry/thirsty/without sleep if they run out of food/water/get tired while on duty. Half the time when I decide to send out a squad to kill something I have to wait around for ages while one or more of them is getting something they need.
Slave to Hogfroth - God of Muck

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let squads go hungry/thirsty/tired when on duty
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »

That is a good suggestion. I get really annoyed when i activate a squad and their leader is asleep.
Also giving them an option to keep all of their gear when deactivated would be nice. I don't mind my haulers being slowed down slightly by a crossbow and quiver, if it means they will be able to immediately respond to any threat.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:56:00 pm »

Much as I'd like to have workers in armor, I think there's something imbalancing to that.  Maybe you could assign "guards" (maybe even the Fortress Guard) to individual dwarves as protection.

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 12:54:00 pm »

Or a method of setting a Guard Schedule or Rotation. Then we could have the guards come on and off of duty. This would allow them time to deal with their needs without the micro-management. Initial setup + replacing wounded/dead would be the only player input needed.

darknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:43:00 am »

Man, I'll second this one! I'd also like to see asignable stations/patrol routes. That way a station or route could be set up, and then just asigned to a squad, or even multiple squads. It would be like saying to them in person, "Rockbreakers take the lava route, and beakdog killers take the river station.".
ho watches those that watch us???