Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some newbie Mac questions  (Read 458 times)

Coeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Some newbie Mac questions
« on: December 28, 2008, 03:56:06 pm »

I have a Mac G4 Laptop, and I can't figure out what keys to use to scroll through options on the rightside window in fortress mode... like when trying to select what type of seeds to plant, or who gets assigned a bedroom, or when scrolling through what things to make at a craftsdwarf workshop etc. It is soooo annoying, and the list of key bindings is so huge and poorly organized that I can't find the equivalents of "+-/*" that it talks about. The other keys I can't find are the ones to change room size when making a barracks etc...

Thanks in advance.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some newbie Mac questions
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:29:59 pm »

+_-= are on a numpad, I am on a laptop as well and I use the -_=+ on my top bar by rebinding them.

Coeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 06:04:17 pm »

Thanks, but my question is where in the huge list of keybindings can I find the numpad keys? Does it say "numpad -" or something?

Schwern

• Bay Watcher
  • MAKE WAY FOR THE DWARF!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 11:16:59 pm »

The keybinding screen calls numeric keypad plus and minus "+" and "-".  Regular plus is "Shift + =" and minus is "Minus".  I guess Toady doesn't use a laptop.

What you're looking for is "Move secondary selector" and "Page secondary selector".  I have mine set to -/= for move up/down and _/+ (shift + -/=) for paging.  Works ok on a Macbook, but I haven't put much work into the keyboard mappings