Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bins and bolts  (Read 1056 times)

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bins and bolts
« on: December 21, 2006, 04:52:00 am »

Well, this is mainly a wish for bolts - and perhaps any other item which has a certain number of objects per pile. But when it comes to bolts, please make it so that all bolt types automatically stack.

I just noticed that when the dwarfs gather individual bolts and chuck'em into the nearest bin then these loose bolts stay loose.

I'm sort of wondering if this is an issue when reloading? Will traps and dwarfs with crossbows reload per "pile" or until they have at least X number of bolts? Cause if it is the former then I'll soon be facing a point where my crossbow dwarfs will only be able to carry one bolt at a time. I'm not certain about traps though - those seem to have some sort of minimum amount. Anyone able to clear this up?

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bins and bolts
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 05:51:00 am »

marksdwarves will take one "stack" of bolts with them, which can be anything from 1 to 50+ (if you had a stack of bones from some large monster and made bone bolts)

one of the reasons hunters die so much is because they go out with one bolt, fire it, and then get mauled when they try to bash the target with their crossbow.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 06:14:00 am »

Well, in that case this wish is definitely a must  :roll:

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 11:11:00 am »

Yep, you're not the only one asking for this. Unfortunately, combining stacks (of anything) is apparently a much more difficult problem then it would seem.

In the meantime, you can sell off all your individual bolts to the traders, which will at least reduce the chance your marksdwarves will pick them up.