Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forever Drowsy?  (Read 694 times)

xRedster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forever Drowsy?
« on: December 25, 2008, 11:33:57 pm »

Here's the thing:
During this big migrant rush my metalsmith, at that time very drowsy, was heading for his bed. He's struck by a strange mood and goes back to the metalsmith's forge as fast as he possibly can in his drowsy state. So, not that fast. After taking Armok knows how long to finish the artifact he heads back to his bed a legendary metalsmith. Still very drowsy he nears his bedroom, but stops and turns around to go back upstairs to get a drink. After taking his refreshment he heads back down again, only to turn around once more to gobble down a nice, legendary meal. He heads back down, ever so slowly, only to turn around once more to get something to drink again.

This continues on forever. He doesn't seem to ever sleep. he's ALWAYS drowsy and is thus never able to complete tasks because before he gets there he needs to head back to quench his thirst or stop his hunger.

Any ideas on what might have caused this? Was it because he was ina strange mood at the time? Or is this just some irritating bug?  Any help would be appreciated.

-xRedster

P.S. This is my first post here :)
Since I can't fight goblins, elves or humans, I'll just collapse mountains.

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forever Drowsy?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 11:39:57 pm »

Best I can suggest is having a bed set up near the food and drink stock, and assign it to him, that way next time he crawls back to quench his hunger and thrist, we'll find out if it's a bug, or just some bad timing  ;)

( Sounds like to me he's not getting to bed fast enough before hunger and thrist catchs up )

Majorlag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 11:55:46 pm »

I had a similar issue with um... *cough*cage traps*cough*... and it seems that a dwarf will never just pass out due to sleep deprivation. Instead of building a bed you could just recruit him and enable "sleeps on ground".
The True Adventures of ___________

Insight into the minds of Dwarf Fortress Players - Random Quote of the Month:
He once spent a week visiting a cave in which there lived seven giants.  Each day, he would come in, track down each of the giants, and beat it to the point of unconsciousness.

xRedster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 12:21:32 am »

I'm gonna try drafting him into the army first. If that doesn't work out I'm just gonna make him sleep between all the booze and food hehe.

it'll be dwarven heaven for him! Untill he's stomped upon by the many dwarves who come in there for their daily supply of food and booze.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 01:40:35 am »

Alternatively lock the pantry door

xRedster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:00:13 pm »

I placed his bed closer to the food stockpile and after several failed attempts to get through the crowded corridors in time he was finally able to take his long, well deserved sleep.

Thanks for the tips.

EDIT:
He still seems to suffer from the drowsyness. He's still walking slowly.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:03:03 pm by xRedster »

Majorlag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 06:15:56 pm »

The noise may have woken him up?
The True Adventures of ___________

Insight into the minds of Dwarf Fortress Players - Random Quote of the Month:
He once spent a week visiting a cave in which there lived seven giants.  Each day, he would come in, track down each of the giants, and beat it to the point of unconsciousness.

xRedster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 07:50:13 pm »

No, I meant he's all good now. It doesn't say he's drowsy anymore but he's still walking as if he is.