Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Sits around amazed - Raw for EYE COLORS  (Read 3693 times)

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sits around amazed - Raw for EYE COLORS
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2008, 06:37:01 pm »

While I think that the eye color inclusion is a waste of time and I don't care for it, let me ask you people something; How long do you think it actually took to implement?

All it would have taken are some descriptive strings related to the colours as dictated by the raws. A waste of time it may be, but I hardly think it's a factor related to the developement progress.
2 minutes for template
10 seconds for each copy pasta edit? 15 seconds at max for more complicated things (aka changing more than 2 values)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 06:49:45 pm »

And if it brings more interest to the game from people into crazy details, it's timw well spent.
I do have to disagree on this one point. If people already can't quite get along with DF, this isn't going to pull them in. However, recent changes will likely be impressive to them once the changes made down the line that pull them in are completed.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2008, 08:31:55 pm »

2 minutes for template
10 seconds for each copy pasta edit? 15 seconds at max for more complicated things (aka changing more than 2 values)

With the way SomethingAwful is bitching about it you'd think the only thing Toady was concentrating on for this release was eyes and various eye colors. Oh, and teeth apparently.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:39:14 pm by Davion »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2008, 08:47:10 pm »

With the way SomethingAwful is bitching about it you'd think the only thing Toady was concentrating on for this release was eyes and various eye colors. Oh, and teeth apparently.

It's just a couple ubergoons shitting their pants over their pet issues.  I'm tempted to rereg but yeah that wouldn't end well.

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2008, 09:19:25 pm »

Don't mind them. SA Trollgoons don't know how to shut up about one stupid point.
They're paranoid about the resources and ect. as well as thinking "WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS DO AT ALL"

They just want their needs filled before toady does anything for the long run. Fix the game now, add shit later. Now fix that bug that came in because the rush to fix the game quickly due to the pressure of fans made you overlook it. Now fix yourself because you obviously suck and deserve no children for fucking up this beautiful game, good going. Why are you not working on the game? You suck make it open source so we can fix the game and eventually abandon it and incorporate it's code into our own game that isn't as bulky and is more awesome.

If they lack the thinking capacity to see why minute and quick details like EYES and HAIR are added during this current coding streak, then too bad for them. Hell, I mostly play DF for the same reasons they do, because I find it an entertaining game. The stories are somewhat neat, but they kinda bore me.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2008, 09:57:08 pm »

Another good thing about this level of detail is that it actually individualizes dwarves a bit. Right now, they're still a bit samey. Of course, all this stuff (including the older personality traits and newer attributes) will matter more when other features of the game come along to take advantage of them more.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]