Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reserved Bags  (Read 2575 times)

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reserved Bags
« on: December 17, 2006, 09:36:00 pm »

It just occurred to me -- can you add a "Reserved Bags" setting to the stockpile menu (like barrels and bins)?  That'd make it easy to reserve bags for sand gathering, leaf-processing, and milling, instead of having a hundred bags full of 1 seed each.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Reserved Bags
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 07:50:00 pm »

I thought about this a bit when I was doing barrels and bins, and it's a bit trickier than the barrels and bins, which is why I didn't do it.  Bags aren't specifically claimed by stockpiles, so it's harder to do the counts efficiently.  Still, it's something I want to do.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 05:56:00 am »

on the other hand... why bother putting seeds in bags at all? (aside from foreign seeds)

shouldn't they just empty the bag of seeds into the barrels rather than putting the bags in the barrels? it's not as if they take a bag out and sow the whole lot, is it?

---
whilst you are at it.. stop them from using masterpiece bags to collect sand, would you?

[ December 19, 2006: Message edited by: bbb ]

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 06:12:00 am »

Good point 3b, but if barrels were bagless, they could only contain one type of seed, otherwise you'd be planting sweet pods when you wanted to plant plump helmets.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Zengief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 10:03:00 am »

Bags should instead hold a limited number of seeds which could be scooped out of a designated seed barrel.  The entire bag (filled with seeds) could then be hauled to the field where perhaps an entire row of food could be planted at once.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 11:41:00 am »

as long as the moron doesn't drop the whole seed bag and wander off somewhere else and let the flood wash the whole lot away.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 04:33:00 pm »

A floodgate flood won't harm the seeds, or even displace them.  A seasonal flood will move them around, but if they're pushed downstream into the river itself, they'll be lost.