Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The World Of Caves  (Read 1352 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
The World Of Caves
« on: December 16, 2008, 02:46:14 pm »

Inroductoin:
The Land of caves is a harsh palce to live.No forests.Not that many rivers.Empires blossom and rot like deasert flowers and cave pockmark the surface of the land provideing a hiding place form the suns glaring heat but aslo providing a hiding place for feinds of all sizes.In this land survival is for the best...

Snakemen
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kobolds
Dwarves
The End

[This is a world game it is a type of game where you eithier build forts or clans to mess around with.The whole world is my your playground!]

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 04:58:53 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Caves
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 03:14:33 pm »

Plicthblende will do that to you!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 03:25:14 pm »

I like this idea, I'm applying:

Name: Karem
Race: (preferably, I don't actually mind what race my character is) Snakeman
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 04:46:23 pm »

The fortress gearwars is the first story of this world.
     The wagon slowed to a stop.The dwarves in it looked out.Theylo Estav the leader of the wagon examined the mountainside with wandering eyes,the dwarves inside the caraven clamored around the entrance of the wagon to look out when Theylo brought his fist down on the nearest ones head shutting him up and the rest.
 They respected him and feared him.
   When the idoit clerk stole more booze and food then his ratoin gave him, he dragged him behind the wagon for a day,then he disfigured his beard,he shaved atleast 3 inches off his beard and tied him to his bed with the pieces of beard and kept him there for 2  days.
   The dwarfs that followed him knew why he was building the outpost:He murderd the basterd son of a noble.The Baron couldn't do anything becuase it was against the law to cheat and if they asked who son he was they would figure him out.The baron forced him to build a fortress or go and fight against a adamantine collusus.So he picked the outpost.The king approved becuase he was getting rid of crimanals and becuase he could load his own basterd son on the wagon and get rid of him too.When they arrived the crimanals knew that the fortress was going to be built, here and they hoped that it wasn't destoryed by a adamantine colussus like that fort on the northren frontier...
                             To be continued

{if you want to be in this one post your crimanal records,your name,your gender and your age.}
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 05:59:04 pm by filiusenox »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 05:14:12 pm »

I don't want to sound like an ass here, but honestly, if you're going to start writing stories and other long things, you  might want to start using proper spacing and throw at least a single comma in there, and check your spelling before you post. It seriously gets difficult to read.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 05:16:21 pm »

I don't want to sound like an ass here, but honestly, if you're going to start writing stories and other long things, you  might want to start using proper spacing and throw at least a single comma in there, and check your spelling before you post. It seriously gets difficult to read.

Some user's native languages are not English.

Have to ask filiusenox, did you get the topic name from one of my topics?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 05:52:45 pm »

Ill edit it and no.
 Now are you in?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:01:35 pm by filiusenox »

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:40:09 pm »

burnt THEIR wooden empires and scorched THEIR souls.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

Signed,
-Warlord255
     Grammar Scrooge
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 10:01:02 pm »

I am LegoLord, Mass (Pet) Murderer
I am a butcher with some mechanic skills under my belt.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 06:01:11 pm »

Some user's native languages are not English.

Maybe I came off harshly, sure, but I wasn't trying to level blame or scold anyone; I just wanted to give some advice.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 05:41:23 pm »

1st of granite 101.Log Of Theylo Estav.
   We've arrived at the site of our new fortress.This lonely mountain in the middle of the wastland called......I really have no idea where we are.But this is our new fortress and my new gold mine...uh...maybe not literally.But it will make me rich and since im the leader of these scumbags dwarves I can tell them to build me a big manor and since the king doesnt have that much of a miltary.Im pretty much the king of these poeple and if the king comes to inspect...well...he'll have a very nasty lil' surprise.Either a very swift drop or a very pointy grave or maybe an accident with a ballista OR MAYBE A GATE!!!LETS SEE THAT ******* BANISH ME AFTER THAT!!! *Knife mark on the page*
19th of granite or 101.Theylo's log.
     Me and some jerk-- guy named legolord went scouting while the rest of them mined the mountain out.I saw loads of probable wealth:lignite,magnetite,a pit which someone falls in they never can get out (Hey that would be a good way to get rid of that king.),Limonite,Gems, and hematite.An antman came and treid to kill my dwarves...come on its one, one antmen I threw my knife at it and it ran away.
5th of slate.101 Theylo's log
     We started building the depot thats gonna make me rich.I was reading through the old storys and a lot of fortress died early because the trade depot was above ground and it got raided so i put it underground makes it much more comfortable for dwarves and if its engraved the snakemen will like it.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:13:01 pm by filiusenox »